Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Summer Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Plans

What do you guys have planned for the summer? I can't believe it's already mid-June and I don't have things sorted out! We were planning on starting out our camping trip this past week by going to a place fairly local to us, but it's done nothing but rain since we made the decision. I want to sort of turn this into a gypsy summer with a lot of area camping but not trip that is really far away. I feel like we all enjoy the actual camping (and I don't mind the driving) but the kids don't want to be cooped up in the car all day to get from place-to-place. Kelly sent me a list of things to do in the Twin Cities and I want to tackle that and stay at a local campground while we do.

What do you guys have planned?

Kris

The boys are visiting my family for about three weeks. I don't know what I'm going to do with all the quietness!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
      The boys are visiting my family for about three weeks. I don't know what I'm going to do with all the quietness!
      Enjoy!!

We are headed to D.C. this month. So happy to go back! We also plan to stay out at the beach at least one weekend every month this summer. First beach weekend is this weekend! Woot!
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Dallas (grandmother and cousins) , Kansas (immediate family), and NYC (immediate family traditional trip of 3days, 4 musicals).
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

1 week in Germany in July. For us, it's been 5 years since we've been there, and it'll be dd's first time.

Dh doesn't have vacation again until September, the week that dd starts preschool. I'll be a mess when she starts up, and it'll be nice to have dh around that week to keep me company during the few hours that she's away. Really pathetic over here!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

The three girls are spending 2 weeks with my parents and then 2 weeks with DH's parents. I'm working the first two weeks of summer camp, enjoying 7 weeks off and then closing up camp for the final two weeks and kicking off varsity sports at the end of August. We're going to drive to Chicago for DH's family reunion at the end of July. I'm hoping to hit Niagara falls on the way back. There is a lot of stuff to do locally in the summer so we're mostly going to take advantage of that! I have some serious projects to tackle around my house with the time off too. Eek!
            -Ladybug

Comment

Orlando/Disney/Heidi & Crew next week, then moving into our new place. Then 3rd year starts, work ramps up, and it's all over.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

We're heading to a resort in northern Michigan this weekend, DH is giving a talk at a conference so the kids and I are tagging along and getting a (mostly) free vacation out of it.

Next month I'll pack up the kids and head to my parents' place in downtown Chicago while DH is on call.

August means two adult-only trips for us: first, DH and I have 3-day passes to Lollapalooza (yes, I know everyone there is going to be half our age ...) and then we're flying to NYC for a wedding. I'm excited for both! I haven't been away from my kids since DD was born almost 2 years ago ... Momma needs a break!!
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Hey, so good to "see" you here, J. . Sounds like a fun summer!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We aren't sure if/when DH will get vacation this year, but we're crossing our fingers for a weekend off in August so we can leave the kids with my parents and go to Dallas for a grown-up break. I'm pretty sure my last night away without kids was December of 2010... I'm due!

Besides that, my grandmother is coming to visit my hometown at the end of July. That's when DH takes his boards, so I'm taking the kids with me to stay with my sister and visit while he does some last-minute studying.
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                      Orlando/Disney/Heidi & Crew next week, then moving into our new place.
                      Woot, woot!

I'm trying to find a weekend to have my little brother come hang out at our place sometime in the next month or so. Other than that, work until I head out to the Caribbean for a week in August.

Comment

Dude leaves Saturday for two weeks with my parents. We all go to Germany for two weeks July 28-August 11. I can't wait. Other than that, he's going to day camp and we have a summer nanny for those days when we need kid coverage.

We're getting estimates on finally fixing the front porch except with all repairs, we've opened a giant can of worms- apparently our roof is the problem and the porch is a symptom. We'll see how much the bids are- the first one was 19k, the second was 13k and none of them include the roof problem. Super fun! Homeowners covered replacing the drywall in the attic area, that's it. Yay. So, it's a good thing I've already booked the Spring Break trip because otherwise my rational self would say No Way.

J.

Comment

Fellowship interviews. Most of the ones offered so far are within driving distance, so at least the family can tag along and get a chance to visit some cities we don't normally get to see.

Comment

Long weekend at the end of June wine tasting in Sonoma for my BFF's birthday. 5 days after that FH and I will head back to MN for our wedding and spend 9 days there. Then FH is back in class by the end of July. It's all over so quickly!
                            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

DH and I are headed to Chicago for our 10th anniversary in July and then to Ireland in early September with MIL/FIL, BIL/GF. So basically the kids don't get to take any fun trips this summer because mom and dad are spending all the money on ourselves. Unless you count the week they get to spend at Grandma's/Aunt G's while we are in Ireland.
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X