Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hot hot hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For you, DD:

And not a lick of humidity!
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Sure. Rub it in.

Comment

It's so hot here I can't take it. I've turned into such a wimp! I need to get my act together and get used to already!
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
          It's so hot here I can't take it. I've turned into such a wimp! I need to get my act together and get used to already!
          I have never gotten used to it and I've lived in this weather my entire life. I still sweat balls just walking from my house to my car in the summer. I don't even own liquid foundation anymore, there's not much point. But I do own a lot of deodorant, body spray and baby wipes .
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Comment

It's over 100 degrees here too, and we live in the cold part of Canada. Stifling heat. Why did we buy a house without air-con??

Comment

About a week before our move to Tucson, reality began to set in for the heat we'd be facing and I started to panic. Our moving day was 108. Moving furniture in 108 degrees suck balls for sure, but truth be told it wasn't any suckier than loading the truck in 95 degrees back in ABQ. At some point the heat just becomes infinity plus one.

I still will argue there is a massive difference with dry heat. It really does make life more bearable. I will take ridiculous three digit temps in the desert anytime over anywhere where my hair instantly curls the second I walk out the door.

Honestly, I've barely noticed a difference in the heat here compared to back home where it's typically 10-20 degrees cooler. I'm sure having refrigerated air (had a swamp cooler back home) and a pool in the backyard helps though. . Our covered patio also has a mister system which makes eating outside delightful!

The bugs and wildlife here though are a whole other story I'll reserve for the rant/vent thread.
                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
                  The car said 113 while driving in town today and 102 at 8 pm. We are not even in the "hot" part of summer! Yikes!!
                  STL is not usually this bad. I have been here 7+ years, and I don't EVER remember this kind of heat. It is aberrational.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                    STL is not usually this bad. I have been here 7+ years, and I don't EVER remember this kind of heat. It is aberrational.
                    Oddly enough last Sunday I had a customer tell me she knows she doesn't want to go to hell because it's going to be hotter than this and she can't even take this heat!
                    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

We're still wearing long sleeve jackets here and it's the middle of summer.
                      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderella View Post
                        We're still wearing long sleeve jackets here and it's the middle of summer.
                        I saw that in your pics from the 4th. Not gonna lie...I was a little jealous!

Comment

At 845am it was 93 heat index 102. It is like a suffocating out there today!
                          Brandi
                          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

This sounds silly, but I'm grasping for some hope here. This insane heat doesn't mean that it's going to be excessively hot for the rest of the summer, right? right? please please please
                            -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

It's supposed to go back to "normal" here next week which is low 90's, we'll see...
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by lovelight View Post
                                I saw that in your pics from the 4th. Not gonna lie...I was a little jealous!
                                Awe, don't be jealous. When it's not raining here summers here are the best. I didn't realize that everyone was wearing jackets in the middle of summer until people on facebook starting pointing it out in the pictures. I thought I was just cold all the time. I haven't quite acclimated yet to the cold moisture that gets under your skin and goes straight to your bones. June's and July's can get a bit chilly sometimes. August and September are fine. Then November through May it rains constantly. It's if you love the rain and the smell of the ocean breeze and imagining the rain as "Oregon Sunshine" that it works for people. They call this Track Town, USA with lots of nature trails and paths but I wonder how people can run in that rain all the time. They've got to be using a full body rain suit to do it for any length of time outside.
                                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                                X