Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hot hot hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinderella View Post
    Awe, don't be jealous. When it's not raining here summers here are the best. I didn't realize that everyone was wearing jackets in the middle of summer until people on facebook starting pointing it out in the pictures. I thought I was just cold all the time. I haven't quite acclimated yet to the cold moisture that gets under your skin and goes straight to your bones. June's and July's can get a bit chilly sometimes. August and September are fine. Then November through May it rains constantly. It's if you love the rain and the smell of the ocean breeze and imagining the rain as "Oregon Sunshine" that it works for people. They call this Track Town, USA with lots of nature trails and paths but I wonder how people can run in that rain all the time. They've got to be using a full body rain suit to do it for any length of time outside.
    Dress in layers. PNWers perfected layering many, many years ago because it can rain, sleet, snow and sunshine all in a matter of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
      Dress in layers. PNWers perfected layering many, many years ago because it can rain, sleet, snow and sunshine all in a matter of minutes.
      I'm starting to perfect the art of dressing in layers. When I go into work I have a jacket and long sleeves and as the day warms up I slowly peel my layers off or if it rains I go home and get my rain jacket. That thing is pure magic. The rain rolls off it like mercury.
      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I absolutely hate summer! Especially when it seems hotter inside the house than outside. But at least we don't have to deal with humidity here because that would sucketh even moreth. My hair ends up looking like Courteney Cox's fro on that one Friends episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
          I absolutely hate summer! Especially when it seems hotter inside the house than outside. But at least we don't have to deal with humidity here because that would sucketh even moreth. My hair ends up looking like Courteney Cox's fro on that one Friends episode.
          Where are you from?
          Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

They said this was a cool front. B.S.!
            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
              My hair ends up looking like Courteney Cox's fro on that one Friends episode.
              I have a permafro at least half the year. I put more oil on it than a greaser and it'a still frizzy.
              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

My curls love the Florida humidity! But I also swear by the Jessicurl system. I won't go back to store brands. My hair routine is wash, condition, apply two products, turban dry scrunch and go. Lately I've been clipping in a plumeria bloom from my tree.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                  My curls love the Florida humidity! But I also swear by the Jessicurl system. I won't go back to store brands. My hair routine is wash, condition, apply two products, turban dry scrunch and go. Lately I've been clipping in a plumeria bloom from my tree.
                  Too cute Michele! I bet you look adorably beachy
                  Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by weeniegeniewife View Post
                    Where are you from?
                    I'm in So Cal It's hot and dry so no big hair but plenty of nose bleeds unfortunately

Comment

The heat broke here for a few days. Getting plenty of rain. Much better!! I think the 90's are coming back on Monday though.
                      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

The temps dropped here to, but we haven't had any rain in more than 3 weeks and the governor declared a state of emergency because of the drought conditions.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
                        Kris

Comment

Seriously, this no rain thing is driving me nuts! I've been doing a rain dance for weeks! Our last substantial rainfall was months ago.And then it rained like once in June
                          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

today's high is supposed to be 96. My area normally gets only 3 days a year over 95. So far this year, not including today, we have had 6. I know that there are those of you with higher temps (and I actually like the heat) but when combined with our winters, this just isn't fair. The kids are going stir crazy. it is summer, we should be outside playing, but it is just too hot.
                            Kris

Comment

Yep triple digits for the rest of the week here too - we tried to play outside this morning before it got to hot and then we had the bunny disaster so we're back to being inside
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Last months electric bill was 200 bucks.
                                Brandi
                                Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X