Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Watching medical shows with the medspouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
    DH only really watches Scrubs, but the backwards x-ray in the intro ALWAYS drives him crazy. He giggled like a little kid when someone corrected it in one of the episodes.
    LOL, same with DH!
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I've been watching Grey's this summer (my dirty little secret) and I laugh at how quickly all of the docs get credentialed at the various hospitals. For crying out loud, how do they get the peer references so quickly? It's astonishing.
      Kris

Comment

DH only really watches Scrubs, but the backwards x-ray in the intro ALWAYS drives him crazy. He giggled like a little kid when someone corrected it in one of the episodes.
        I believe my DH screamed "Yes!!! Thaaaaank you!" at the beginning of that episode
        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

We did watch House the first few seasons but like everything else, it got old.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I learned quickly not to watch these shows with dh. He gave me a hard time all the time about them. I stopped watching Grey's at the end of last season with the plane crash. I'd had enough of it. The only medical show we did watch reruns of without issue was Becker. Maybe because it's a medical comedy too?
            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

We watched doogie howser a couple months ago...I had forgotten how ridiculous that show is! Haha yes, i realize that is the most unrealistic show ever, but it's even worse the older I get!
              Last edited by corn poffi; 08-15-2012, 02:01 PM.
              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

One of my best friend's husband DVRs all of the reruns of Doogie Howser and then watches them non-stop on his off time. It's hysterical.

Comment

Yup. J thinks Scrubs is the most realistic of the shows down to the getting his scrubs out of a vending machine (which people love to ask him about). And would tell me every damn time I watched with him that the xray was backwards.

He is also in the camp that would tell me everything they were doing wrong on House AND would pat himself on the back when he diagnosed it correctly before them. Sometimes he would have to pause it to look something up to see what was true and what wasn't.
                  -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                  Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                  Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                    would pat himself on the back when he diagnosed it correctly before them.
                    I think this was the only reason my DH watched House.

He would agree with all your SOs that Scrubs was the best. And we watched Royal Pains for a while, with much correcting from the peanut gallery.
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

DH loves Scrubs, I really enjoy Doc Martin. I found it on Hulu and watched while doing paperwork in the office.
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette View Post
                        Yes! He also does okay with Scrubs, and he even says it's the most accurate of them all.
                        DH says the same thing. We don't watch a lot of medical shows, but whenever there's a surgery, he points out that they usually forget there should be an anesthesiologist to put the patient to sleep. We assume the surgeon just brings a big wooden mallet.
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

DH won't watch with me. We used to wAtch M.A.S.H and the beginning of ER. He gets annoyed by the incorrect medical jargon.
                          Needs

Comment

Glad to see my hubby isn't the only one! I CANNOT watch Grey's with him around- the whole neurosurgery thing ;p so I dvr it and watch it when he is not home....I think his all time most hated though is GH which is my guilty pleasure- they have neurosurgeons, too...

Comment

One of my best friend's husband DVRs all of the reruns of Doogie Howser and then watches them non-stop on his off time. It's hysterical.
                              That's really funny!! My SO and I don't watch medical shows often, although I went through a Private Practice obsession and she would sometimes watch with me. What's funny is that she has told me she was one of the few students in her group in med school who didn't watch ER - everyone else was obsessed with it - and she actually did go on to become a doctor, whereas many of the ER-obsessed students dropped out!!

Comment

Sometimes dh will pause and try to explain to me why what the monitors show next to the hospital beds make no sense.
                                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                                X