Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Christmas tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
    Potted trees seem to be the hot new thing, but the one I saw in some catalog was meant to be used one year and then planted. Some services send you a potted tree, then pick it up after the holidays and plant it in the forest somewhere.
    I tried to convince him the pot would be so big that it would be really difficult to deal with. I have a friend that was bit by a spider a few years ago when decorating her real Christmas tree. It was a really bad bite and turned into a ordeal. If I kept a potted tree outside all year and brought it in for a month how could I make sure I wasn't bringing all kinds of bugs and spiders in with it??

Maybe having a temporary potted tree would be better... Better idea I think.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

• In our neighborhood, many people get a tree, and then plant it in their yard after Christmas. There are 8 trees in your yard that started that way.
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

• Aaaaand he just put a red light bulb in our porch light. I'm done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
          Aaaaand he just put a red light bulb in our porch light. I'm done.

Comment

Aaaaand he just put a red light bulb in our porch light. I'm done.
            Seriously? Does he not understand all of the implications of a red light?
            Kris

Comment

• I'm soooo done with this. He said well it was labeled as a Christmas holiday light. Our neighbor has one too but they have a green and red one. It's coming out now.

Comment

• Yeah, all I need is a whore light on while DH is on nights.

Comment

• Don't worry about the implications of a red light. They're all over here during the holidays. Unless you're in the hooker district in Amaterdam or Vegas, I don't think anyone really gives is a second thought.

Comment

• So they're actually common? I've only seen our neighbor's...and now ours.

Comment

• I realize they are common during the holidays, but that doesn't mean they are in good taste. The Dawkter is cracking me up! And you are a good sport for putting up with the crazy ass decorations!
                      Kris

Comment

• I have this beautiful silver leaf wreath up that does not go with the tackiness. at. all. He told me I should replace it with a lit up wreath. This is also the man who loves shopping and nice ties and suits. I cannot figure this shit out!

Comment

I have this beautiful silver leaf wreath up that does not go with the tackiness. at. all. He told me I should replace it with a lit up wreath. This is also the man who loves shopping and nice ties and suits. I cannot figure this shit out!
                          I love it!
                          Kris

Comment

I have this beautiful silver leaf wreath up that does not go with the tackiness. at. all. He told me I should replace it with a lit up wreath. This is also the man who loves shopping and nice ties and suits. I cannot figure this shit out!
                            Your hubby is cracking me up!! Any chance he's doing this to get a rise out of out??
                            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

• Nope. This somehow is all him. He would pull a Clark Grizwold if he weren't forbidden to climb on the roof.

Comment

• 23 ft of lights is not enough for an 8 ft tree. Just got back from Target with two more boxes of lights, more decorations, some more presents, etc. keep in mind we haven't done our outside decorations yet.
                                Veronica
                                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                                X