Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thanksgiving plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be at work in the ER from 5pm til 1am. DH is on an away rotation and out of town. I am feeling pretty sorry for myself for being 28 weeks pregnant, working full time and hubby 300 miles away.
    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

We're flying to Washington DC on the 24th to attend my brother's Diplomatic Secret Service credentialing ceremony that will take place at the State Department on Tuesday. My parents, Aunt and Uncle from Wisconsin and my cousin from Delaware will also be there. We plan to spend the week "doing the Smithsonians" (Mike's never been and is really excited about Air and Space) and I'm told Thanksgiving dinner will be at the Old Ebbitt Grill, which I guess is right next door to the White House. 4 of us are great cooks, but my brother's apartment is too small for all. I am so excited and happy to be with my family on a holiday for a change. The inlaws called and asked when, not if, WHEN we were coming for Thanksgiving this year--as though the thought had never occurred to them that we might have to give MY family any time at all...

THANKSGIVING WITHOUT THE INLAWS!!!!! WHOOHOOO!!!!
      Now that's something to be thankful for!

Comment

Hey Elizabeth-

If you want an escape, give me a call. and definitely do the new Spy Museum and the new City Museum. (and really the Air and Space is sooo filled with pubescent boys.... I hate it but I use the potty there when I'm out on the mall!) I think the diamond exhibit at Natural History has been extended and the National Archives has just been reopened with new access to the documents- they've been newly protected. They recently redid the First Ladies exhibit at American History, too. and, you can climb up the Washington Monument again, first time since 9/11!

Old Ebbitt is a DC landmark, and it will probably be a very nice meal.

Jenn

Comment

DH will be working from6a-4p so we will have a later dinner. Got my Turkey today. Unfortunately one of the Step-demon children is arriving from Texas and will be here till next Saturday. I have been busy locking up my Jewelry and other valuables and have my wall patch kit on hand. Hopefully the week will go by fast and I will be busy planning for Thursday that I will not notice him much.

Can you tell I'm excited about Thankgiving??????

Comment

Working...
          X