Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Christmas gifts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennis racquet and gear
    Some clothes I picked out
    Needs

Comment

Two necklaces (one from DH & kids, one from ST & N) - both are so sweet and pretty!
      Over the knee socks
      MOM spelled out in wire made by M
      Travel-sized body washes from The Body Shop from E
      Pajamas and a gift card from Mommie
      A cashmere sweater from the in-laws

DH got an iPad from me!
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I gave the dude a new watch. He somehow has managed to ruin every single watch I've ever given him, so I finally broke down and found a really good one that should hold up to the freakish beatings he gives them. Luckily, it was on a HUGE sale from Macy's.

The dude gave me a new Nook (yay!) and a Kindle cover. :huh: Thankfully, I've finally convinced him to keep receipts, so I should be able to return it and go find a Nook cover that actually fits.

The kids each got one "big" gift, and they were ecstatic with their respective hauls. DD1 (17 y/o) got DH's old iPhone 4 and about peed herself with glee to finally have a smart phone. DD2's big gift was a really nice carrying case for her sewing/crocheting/knitting crap that I'm tired of tripping over. DS' head exploded when he unwrapped his Epic Mickey 2 game that he's been obsessing over for a year.

Most of the other stuff is all typical holiday gifts; new jammies, a yearly ornament from grandmama, gift cards from Grandma G, etc.

The one head-scratcher is from FIL and his latest wife. For some reason they thought we needed a triple crockpot thing-a-ma-jig. Uh, OK. I'm assuming they went shopping while shit-faced, because that is the ONLY thing that makes any sense. It's sweet that they even bothered to get us anything, but it's kind of an odd gift for people who have had a household for well over a decade and are always moving and talking about paring down possessions. And it's HUGE. Think buffet-line size.

Comment

DD, I have one of those triple crock-pot things. It's really handy for Thanksgiving when you want to keep food warm...that's pretty much all I've used it for though.

DH got me a burgundy Prada handbag. He got a bunch of new sweaters and a new robe. From my mom and siblings we got movie tix, a hotdog roaster (it's cute, the kids love it) and an ungodly amount of candy.

Comment

DH is planning a Super Bowl party so we have an excuse to use it. We just don't do any entertaining and we live in such a remote area that none of our family can get over the mountains to visit us during the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
              Laurie if you're in NY during the work week let me know - I'd love to "meet" ya!
              That would be amazing! We're hoping to be able to fly out of DFW Friday morning, so if you're there around lunch or available in the afternoon, I would love love love to meet you!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Books and gift cards, my favorite
                A grey cloche hat with little flowers on it
                Baking supplies ( I don't bake but I guess I"ll have to now?)
                I haven't really seen anyone except family yet so I'll know closer to New Years

Comment

Dh did very well getting me a Breville smart oven (it is so awesome) and beautiful diamond earrings.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Yes, I'm seeing Wicked in FL. Have fun in NYC Laurie!
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

DH got me a beautiful necklace that I had pinned on Pinterest from an Etsy shop. I was so confused because I could not figure how he knew I wanted it. He said he found my Pinterest (didn't even know he knew about it!) and found hundreds of food recipes and this one necklace. I'll guess I'll be pinning on Pinterest any jewelry or handbags I want in the future.

Comment

Chrisada I make wish list boards. You click on the pic and it takes you directly to the link. Doesn't get easier than that
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Add another to the list. Our very own mugs with pics of DHs grandparents on them. Mmmmkay
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Haha that's random, ST! I can see the reverse, as a grandparent having a mug with a grandkid's picture, but that's funny!
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                              DH got me a beautiful necklace that I had pinned on Pinterest from an Etsy shop. I was so confused because I could not figure how he knew I wanted it. He said he found my Pinterest (didn't even know he knew about it!) and found hundreds of food recipes and this one necklace. I'll guess I'll be pinning on Pinterest any jewelry or handbags I want in the future.
                              clever boy.
                              -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                                Add another to the list. Our very own mugs with pics of DHs grandparents on them. Mmmmkay
                                LOL! That is funny.
                                -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                                X