Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hey! It's Valentines Day! What did you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! It's Valentines Day! What did you do?

Married to an ER doc who comes back at midnight tonight.

We went out to dinner last night. But I arranged to be an hour late for work this morning

My guess is we'll work out when he gets home. Yeah, we're exciting like that...

Comment

you don't want to know

I need to add that my husband is a saint.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Went to a swim meet. :-/
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Took care of my sick 5yo all day (think he has what SuzySunshine's kids had ... vomiting, fever, lethargy ... awesome), cooked dinner, watched "Top Chef" with DH, and collapsed into bed.

So, pretty much just a normal day!
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We'll do dinner out tomorrow since DH has a test in the morning. But I made DH a vase of paper flowers and a card that I left on his desk, and then cooked his fave beef stew that he's been wanting but we very rarely make, and then made a microwave brownie in a mug for us to share for dessert. DH did not get me anything because he assumed that we were doing all of our celebrations tomorrow, so I'm anticipating some discounted chocolate when he gets home from class tomorrow!
            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

DH still not home, he at least got to see the kids open their gifts this morning. We are going out tomorrow night!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Grabbed a quick bite out to eat at a modern healthy fast food place (think natural, salads, grains and soup) but mainly because I'm recovering from a cold and didn't plan dinner.

I got him a card, he got my daughter and I roses and a card. We don't usually do Valentine's day but he came home to my card post-call and probably ran out after seeing it

Wife to PGY3
                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Busy day for us! We got simple gifts for each other under $20 plus nice cards. DD had two school parties and made out very well with gifts and candy! I think Grandma sent her cards in the mail but they haven't arrived yet.
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Dh and i went out to dinner. It was nice to start with and then turned into 2.5 hour meal. I really hate when it take FOREVER to get ur food and then 25 min to get the meal paid for. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!
                    Brandi
                    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Meh. We don't really celebrate it. (we're cranky like that )

Brandi, I haaaate places that do that. We went to a swanky place one night and they were taking forever. They were SHOCKED that we didn't want to linger. No, we're DONE. CHECK PLEASE. I'm not going to sip coffee for an hour. Cripes.

Comment

We gave O his gift in the morning. O had a party at school and left with a sack of candy. We snacked on candy and cookies the rest of the day. I made a dinner we like and when dh got home he gave me some flowers and chocolate. He also arrived with several goodies from work. All the goodies are a bit overwhelming. I got dh a pair of heart boxer shorts. .
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I got DH a little fun gift I knew he'd like, made sure to tell him a couple of days in advance that I'd gotten him something so he'd know to expect to celebrate, purposefully left the house today for 3 hours so he'd have plenty of time to run to CVS for the standard last minute box of chocolates... and I got nothin. While I was gone he watched Daily Show and played video games. He's now fast asleep, snoring. Awesome. Guess I'll go to CVS myself and get the clearance chocolate tomorrow. Better late, cheap, self-bought chocolate than no chocolate at all.
                          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Am I selfish for having been disappointed for the past few years? DrH is in ER until midnight and all I asked for was a handwritten poem and he looked at me crazy...I understand that these are some stressful years, but feel I deserve some effort...

Comment

I don't ever expect anything for Valentine's Day. Between my birthday and our anniversary that both come earlier in the month, we're usually pretty low-key by the time it rolls around.

Comment

Working...
                              X