Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

¡Tenemos Papa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¡Tenemos Papa!

We have a Pope! Pope Francis -- first from Latin America, first Jesuit, first Francis!
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

He was Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio from Argentina.
    Veronica

Comment

Do we know how many votes they had today? I guess I was surprised it went so quickly.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I don't know. He was the second choice in 2005 when Pope Benedict Emeritus was selected. He is so humble and did not expect to be chosen due to his age, however he seems pretty active. In Buenos Aires, he refused to live in the Bishops quarters (fancy) and even took the bus instead of a limo.
        Veronica

Comment

I just read they say it took 5 ballots, of course no one will ever know for sure because of the secrecy but that is what they are saying. From what I've read he sounds like a great pick.

Comment

Bienvenidos Papa Francisco! Gotta appreciate a man who cooks his own meals

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
              Bienvenidos Papa Francisco! Gotta appreciate a man who cooks his own meals
              Yep!
              Veronica

Comment

I'm bummed that it's not someone a bit younger, but he does seem to have a lot of life in him Plus, he doesn't look like Emperor Palpatine, so bonus points there! I hope he is an instrument of peace and unity for the Church.
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

From what I read what seemed to be a strike against most of the younger cardinals were that they hadn't been cardinals long because Benedict appointed so many of them. Hopefully Francis is as young as he looks, though I just read he only has one lung - wow!

Comment

Simply tears of joy and excitement. As directed by the Holy Spirit the Cardinals have chosen a wonderful Holy Father that will continue to lead the flock. The youth of the faith are on fire, it is beautiful to watch. What a wonderful day!!
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                      Plus, he doesn't look like Emperor Palpatine, so bonus points there!
                      Nope, grumpy cat. NewImage46.jpg
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I loved seeing the excitement in my teen girls as they watched the announcement. 7th grader's friend came to get her for a sleepover and they were jumping up and down and squealing as they talked about the new Pope. Love to see their joy in their Catholic faith!
                        Veronica

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                          Hopefully Francis is as young as he looks, though I just read he only has one lung - wow!
                          "A respiratory illness, which he suffered during his youth, left him with only one lung."

From an article I found online. He's been living with one lung most of his life.
                          Veronica

Comment

No, I know, I wasn't implying he was frail I'm just impressed that he seems to be so vital with only one lung. (My husband is obviously not a pulmonologist I know nothing about lungs - hah!)

It is exciting to see the excitement in the religion.

Comment

Is it sad that the first thing I thought was that he matched in the second round of SOAP?
                              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                              X