Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

First Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Date

Inspired by the "Today" thread... What and when was your first date with your spouse/SO?

Ours was seeing Titanic at the mall, 15 years ago (1998).
    Last edited by ladymoreta; 03-24-2013, 09:20 PM.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Sushi at Yuka on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, followed by coffee at the Starbucks next door. It rained really hard. We've long planned to make a trip back to NYC for our tenth wedding anniversary in 2015.

March 2001.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Our first date was to our company Christmas party and we didn't want our co-workers to know we were dating yet. Unfortch, DH didn't realize that the waitstaff kept refilling his cocktail every time he took a drink and set it down. He didn't believe me when I told him what they were doing until I made him take a drink, set it down, and watch it a minute. A hand with a full pitcher of Long Island iced-tea magically appeared and refilled his glass. He's not much of a drinker and his response was along the lines, "Oh, shit -- that's not good..."

And dude gets a *tad* friendly when he's drunk. He kept telling me that no one can tell that we're together as he's rubbing my legs from mid-calf to high-thigh under the table. Seriously, he was having to bend over at the waist to do this. Dude doesn't do subtle.

Um, yeah -- I think that cat's out of the bag, dipshit.

Comment

Our first date may or may not have lasted 48 hours, and I may or may not have had to do the Walk of Shame the next morning at DH's hospital while he did rounds, wearing the same clothes from the night before. Oops.
        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Blind date. Cocktails at the Four Seasons followed by burgers at Gordon Bierch. June 2006.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

July, 2001. We went to Applebee's on a double-date, followed by bowling, and then back to our mutual friend's house to watch The Patriot. We've been back to Applebee's once, been bowling once, and haven't watched The Patriot since
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

December 1997, I was a brand-new college freshman and he was the sophisticated sophomore. We went to Good Will Hunting and out to some generic Thai restaurant where I ordered chicken teriyaki because I was afraid of "ethnic" food. So funny since Thai is one of my favorite cuisines now!
              Alison

Comment

March 15, 1990. We went to TCBY for frozen yogurt and then to see "Joe VS The Volcano" . He bought me a promise ring 8 weeks later
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Valentines Day 2004. I was 15 and he was 16. We saw "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton" or "50 First Dates"--cant remember which now--and awkwardly talked in the food court of the same mall next to where the IMSN conference will be
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                    Valentines Day 2004. I was 15 and he was 16.
                    If I didn't heart you so much, I'd be tempted to call you names.

I'm old. 2004 was first year of med school for us and I think I was 29...

Comment

Not old, aged to perfection
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

It was February 1995 at our schools Sweetheart's Dance. We were both 17 and had been friends for almost two years before.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

He asked me to our senior prom in 2001. Neither of us had dates and the group of mutal friends that we went with set it up. We did go to a movie together after he asked me, so I guess that was really our first date.
                          Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Feb 3rd, 2007

I broke up with my terrible ex who was planning on proposing and ran to my best friend of 2 years (DH). We promptly did not leave his house/bed for 2 days. I had been madly in love with him for 1.99 years (from 5 minutes after I met him) but didn't know he felt the same way. Once I knew, well, we made out and then started planning our wedding that afternoon...
                            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

April 25, 2003 - we were freshmen in college, and he took me out to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday. We had met through mutual friends and hung out a couple of times, but this was the first time the two of us went out alone. He was too nervous to eat, and I felt like a giant pig. After that we went to the Waco Suspension Bridge and walked around, got some ice cream at Maggie Moo's, and went and saw Anger Management (he disagrees on this part, I had the ticket stub for the longest time but can't seem to find it anymore).
                              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                              X