Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Speaking of Secret Santas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Secret Santas

...let's talk about some of the basics. How would you all like to run this?

Are these truly meant to be "secret" in that you send something off without disclosing your identity?

Price parameters: $10 max. Homemade items, prescription samples, and/or drug company paraphenelia lying around your house that you attempt to regift does not factor into this amount. As a helpful hint, may I suggest student loan payment book remittance slips for wrapping paper? They might as well go for something good.

Any other thoughts on how to run this show?

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

I'm glad you asked....
    I would have revealed my identity with the gift. Maybe we aren't supposed to do that? It's been a while since I've done a Secret Santa....and not by mail! If I recall correctly, you usually reveal your identity with the last gift. Or the recipient has to guess? I can't remember.

My collection of drug rep pens is really, really nice....top quality. And the sticky notes are just the stickiest.

Comment

Ok...I need some feedback!

Do we reveal ourselves or not? I purchased my secret santa gift today and am itching to send it.

:! :! :!

Comment

I'm saying don't reveal, because if the recipient doesn't care for it, then they don't have to know who it was. On the other hand, you might be able to tell by the postmark.

Comment

I haven't the foggiest idea, to be honest. I have never done secret santas before....except in high school once....what I remember from then though is that we bought our assigned person a small gift every few days 8O until the big reveal......

I think we should reveal....maybe we should figure out a way to make it sort of...interesting until then???

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We could have a thread for clues and see if we can stump the person we are buying for.....in the meantime, we can all go ahead and send our gifts whenever we need to to make it by Christmas....what do you think?

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sounds fun, Sally!!!!! Lets do it that way!

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Okay, but someone else start the thread because if I do it, it will give it away to my person.

I think if we log ourselves out, we can post as "guests" and leave hints that way.

Someone start a new thread and try it!

Sally
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                X