Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Here I am, silently judging you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ones that kill me are things like "make your own cake mix for 72 cents!" If you have a coupon or buy generic, cake mix costs less than 72 cents. If you are concerned about knowing what goes into your cake mix, then make your cake from scratch -- you've bought the flour, sugar, cocoa, etc to make the mix anyway.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I love it for photography and toddler busy bag ideas. Most of my pins are cute kid pics or Montessori DIY stuff.

And then there is DH who only pins pallet projects.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
        I honestly hardly ever repin, or look at my friend's pins. I usually just go to everything and browse there, or I use it to pin things that I know I'll want to remember that I didn't actually find on pinterest.
        this is me on pinterest.
        Needs

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          And no, baking soda in diet Mt. Dew will NOT glow!!! Stop pinning it. It's a hoax!
          THIS is what I get judgey about on pinterest, and in real life -- anytime someone cites a random website as their source of information for something that sounds questionable. No. Just, no. I can be gullible sometimes but damn, you need to get it together.

I pin all kinds of stuff -- recipes, crafts, e-cards, animals being funny, books/articles that I might want to read later, things that are pretty. I honestly don't give much thought to what people will think of my pins in relation to one another. So I pinned a crossfit link right after a brownie recipe. Well, I'm probably gonna do some crossfit later and then reward myself with a brownie. What? That's what exercise is for, right?
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Have you heard of Pinterest parties? Everyone brings a recipe, craft, etc that worked and one that failed. I haven't been to one, but imagine it could be quite entertaining.
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
              Have you heard of Pinterest parties? Everyone brings a recipe, craft, etc that worked and one that failed. I haven't been to one, but imagine it could be quite entertaining.
              That sounds awesome!

I never pin crafts...mostly recipes (and mostly actual pins, not repins); I've probably made 40-50% of them...

Comment

A Pinterest party sounds like fun!!! I haven't had any pinterest fails yet, and I do use a lot of recipes from there, but I think it's my amazing ability to judge whether a recipe is totally whack by reading it. haha

Also I was thinking about this while perusing Pinterest and realized that I purposefully don't follow people who I know I don't have any common interests with. Like my teenage cousin who posts hundreds of "inspirational quotes" and thinspo yuck
                -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

I have a friend who just had a baby shower and all of the ideas and printables used were from Pinterest. Easily the cutest baby shower I've ever attended.

Comment

The pins that irritate me are the advertising ones of "This weight loss program really works", "Best weight loss program ever" and show the before and after pictures.

As for me I pin wedding stuff for my friends and because I love weddings. I pin anniversary ideas, books I've actually read and left and impression, holiday inspiration stuff. I'd really love to learn to knit or crochet so I pin those items I'd like to try if I ever learn. Mostly all my stuff I'm pinning is inspiration or stuff I like.

I read people complaining on Pinterest about Pinterest behavior and people complaining on facebook about pinterest and facebook and maybe some of that applies to me but I don't know really. I just keep doing what makes me happy for the little bit of brightness and joy that it brings into my day.
                    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                    X