Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What the heck is going on at the Boston Marathon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're jamming phones because there was just another explosion at the JFK library.

Still no word from my one friend and his wife, everyone else checked in on FB.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

On the live press conference just a few minutes ago they said they are treating the JFK explosion like it is related until they know otherwise.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Here's another resource for those looking for friends: http://google.org/personfinder/2013-boston-explosions/
        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

This is the text that my friend got from our friend.

Yes we are. God gave me fast legs today...thank Him a million times, thank Him. [husband] & [daughter] were at the spot of the 2nd bomb and it went off at the time I thought I'd be finishing...
          So very very scary.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Friend finally checked in. He was on Boylston and turned around and ran back to his wife when the explosions happened.

Thank God!!!
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I am shocked...simply numb. At a 4:09 time slot this would have been older runners, charity runners, or runners having a bad day. I'm pissed at the evil in the world.

It's been a helluva year for the Major Marathons.
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Kelly, I am so freaking glad that you weren't running it.
                Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                  Kelly, I am so freaking glad that you weren't running it.
                  Yes. A friend said that many runners are heading to donate blood. Yay for good people :')
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Glad to hear houseelf and T&S are safe! I also heard from TenD, she and her family are alright.

I feel physically ill. I stood and watched DH and a dear friend finish a marathon 3 months ago. To go from feeling joy/anxiety/excitement about watching your runner finish and achieve their goal, to experiencing pure terror in a matter of seconds. I can't even fathom this.

Thinking of all of you who are waiting to hear from friends and family
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Thinking of those involved.
                      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                        Do we have any spouses at Mass Gen or Brigham? I hope they are handling the volume okay. It's going to be a long night, god willing - as compared to 9/11 when they waited and the patients didn't come.
                        A friend from med school is doing an intern year in Boston (can't remember which hospital) - she checked in on Facebook and said she and her family are fine, and she's just waiting to find out if she's going to get called in to help out.
                        Sandy
                        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

The news just said one of the two dead is an 8 year old child...
                          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I heard that. I hope they string the perps up by their balls and let them rot.
                            Kris

Comment

So horrible.
                              Veronica
                              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

This just keeps getting worse. I'm just really glad everyone here who was worried about friends and loved ones have located them and all are well, if not shocked to the core. I just don't understand how this can happen, how someone could want to do this...
                                Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X