Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What the heck is going on at the Boston Marathon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
    But the federal government does. They can come up with death-penalty-eligible federal charges--and prosecution of those will trump prosecution of state charges.
    Ah, I was wondering that. Thanks GMW! I don't take the death penalty lightly but if it were ever designed for somebody...this seems like a good case.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

The uncles interview was sad. You could see how upset he was.
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Watched the Uncle's interview while lunching with DH. It was compelling and also very sad. That poor man is so clearly shocked, ashamed, and desperate to send the message that what those boys did is not a representation of him, his family, or muslims as a whole.
        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Showing how easy it is to misread people, someone who knows the brothers well described them as "kind-hearted" and "compassionate". That has got to make you feel so unsure of your other friendships in a way.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Yeah -- everyone they've talked to is shocked. They interviewed a prom date earlier. Wow.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

So do they think he is still in the area? But they don't know where? Or do they know where he is holed up?

I don't have the TV on and am finding the online coverage lacking...
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It's all unclear.

There is an area that is clearly a focus in Watertown with lots of cops and military gathered. One reporter said he was on the ground taking cover and he saw beneath the cars something that looked like a body in the street in that area. Another said that from the rooftops, it appears that the police have a lot of energy focused around a few cars that are parked in the middle of the street. The media is WAAAAAY back and the scanners are broadcasting privately. They've had a few official statements from people not involved in all that: stay in place if you are at home, go home if you are at work. A bomb was found and control detonated in Kenmore Square which is why they extended the shelter in place order to the whole city.

Lots of background investigation on the brothers is filling air time right now since there is no "new" news.

ETA: Anonymous Twitter feed (which seems pretty real time) says that a Suspicious individual was taken in to custody that may have had an IED -- but it ISN'T the suspect #2. Might have been the "body on the ground" business.
                Last edited by Sheherezade; 04-19-2013, 11:54 AM.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

The Watertown police guy said they've searched 60-70% of the places they want to and obviously haven't found him. My heart is sinking that he got away.
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Holy crap, the aunt is pissed. She says they couldn't have done this. She wants proof. Far different response than the uncle. She thinks this was staged and the boys are being framed...
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• That's right, because innocent parties throw explosives at the authorities.
                      Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                        Holy crap, the aunt is pissed. She says they couldn't have done this. She wants proof. Far different response than the uncle. She thinks this was staged and the boys are being framed...
                        Yeah, and her performance is EXACTLY why, with relatives like that, you really don't need enemies. She was obviously distraught. Really not helpful. She looked like a conspiracy-nut loon.

Comment

• They got him alive. He has injuries but alive.

The whole united club was high fiving and hugging
                          Brandi
                          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

• Lets hope he survives his blood loss. We need to know the details.

Thank God this is over.

Comment

• He is going to mass general. I am sure some of the same docs that treated the victims will treat him.
                              Brandi

Comment

• I loved seeing the applause and thanks to law enforcement. If you think medicine is a thankless job, you should see how SWAT teams are normally treated.
                                -Deb
                                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                                X