Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I know it's a mistake, but yet, I still...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Yep
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
      Shop at Trader Joe's without a strict list.
      At least it is for food stuff. I do this at Target and know that every.single.time. I will impulse buy all kinds of crap there.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I ALWAYS end up regretting eating bread. I convince myself that it must have been something else that gave me an upset stomach. Nope. I'll eat it maybe twice a month and regret it every. fucking. time.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
          But you don't HAVE to go to the post office. Your mailman will pick up the packages. And shipping costs less when you do it online through USPS.com
          Really?? Did not know that!
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

So how do you make sure the weight is right? Is a kitchen scale trustworthy?
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

If you use one of the priority mail boxes then the weight doesn't matter. Otherwise, kitchen scale for small items (under 10 pounds) or bathroom scale for bigger things.
              Kris

Comment

Flat rate is cool beans for up to 75 lbs. Should be just ducky unless you're sending some gold bars via USPS.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                  Flat rate is cool beans for up to 75 lbs. Should be just ducky unless you're sending some gold bars via USPS.
                  And if you are shipping gold bars, you need to send them to me!
                  Kris

Comment

And if you are shipping gold bars, you need to send them to me!
                    Dammit, you beat me to it.
                    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

If you use one of the priority mail boxes then the weight doesn't matter. Otherwise, kitchen scale for small items (under 10 pounds) or bathroom scale for bigger things.
                      And on the USPS website, they will ship you those boxes for free. Or at least they used to.
                      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

We've used the kitchen scale for golf clubs...

This is the one I linked to in another thread. Looks like it had a price increase though

http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh...+kitchen+scale

We reuse Amazon boxes for Click and Ship too
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I wondered about that. But then I'd have to figure out how it's done (ie weight, etc.) and sometimes it's got pre-paid shipping for UPS but they won't pickup unless I pay an extra charge.

But....mostly, I'm just lying to myself that I'm not spending that much money and I actually intend to keep both items. Hence, the "I know it's a mistake but yet I..." quality. I know I'm keeping both dresses, both pairs of jeans, etc. as surely as I know I'm not putting away that basket of laundry.
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

-There is a fantastic Italian restaurant with tons of offerings that we occasionally go to. I get the pasta every. damn. time. which I justify because "it's a special occasion." And every f'ing time I spend all night curled up in pain. Stoopid.

-Give certain people another chance when time and again they have proven they can't be trusted. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                              Give certain people another chance when time and again they have proven they can't be trusted. Sigh.
                              Stick around me for a bit. I can fix that...

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                                Stick around me for a bit. I can fix that...
                                I heart you DD.

-Watch reality tv knowing that I'm going to get mad and start yelling at the tv

-Pick up the phone when someone calls really late, hoping it won't last long...an hour later...

Comment

Working...
                                X