Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Smart phones - iPhone vs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read all the responses. That said I've had both. I prefer the iPhone. I currently have a iphone. It's more user friendly and had less software bugs than the android phones. There was always buggy issues with my android. The proprietyness of the iphone doesn't bother me. Dh liked the android. His latest was the Samsung galaxy 3s but the phone (with the first released phones) was terrible. So terrible we ate about $300 to switch away. He has the have a working telephone for work! The only thing he doesn't like about the iPhone is the screen size. He wishes it was bigger.
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I rarely delete texts and have texts from when I first got the phone! I had no idea they could be taking up that much space!! I'll go through them this weekend and clear them out.

I have an iMac and an iPad so I'll probably stick with the iPhone. But I have heard good things about the new Samsungs which is why I asked.

Sounds like the 5 might be worth the upgrade from my 4....I'll wait for the new release this fall and see if I can get the 5 cheap....unless the new release is awesome....

But I'm totally clearing texts!!!
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I just got the iPhone 5 and it's MUCH better than the 4.

Comment

i got the cheapest phone possible--somewhere around $25 prepaid since i don't use the phone much. before i layoff, i use whatever work provided (blackberry). new job didn't provide free bb. my dw on the handle got a samsung galaxy s3. normally, we don't really spend too much on the latest gadgets. we're at least 1 or 2 generations behind on the latest stuff. it's me being a cheapskate.

Comment

I've had both. No. Scratch that. I now have a Windows phone. Of the iphone, Droid, or Windows, I personally preferred the Android. One of the reasons we switched over from the iPhone when we did was the problem of battery life and not being able to change out the battery or add storage. We also hated the expensive chargers. With my Android, I loved being able to charge an extra battery and pull out the one I had in my phone if it died. There are at least as many apps in the Android marketplace and I found everything for my kids that I needed.

Windows phone? Pttth....and we're stuck with it for 2 years. DH made the change when he went in to the verizon store without me. He took my phone in and brought me home a Windows phone because it was 'cheaper'. I know why it's cheaper. I don't have my LoseIt app or many of the other apps that I used to use, which stinks. It has an awesome navigation system and camera, but I could have gotten those with the other phones. I HATE that the automatic search engine is bing. I just hate it. Also, I have not been able to get used to the FB app. It has completely ruined FB for me. I am rarely on now unless I happen to be on my computer. It is nice in that it runs windows 8 (I like windows 8), and the battery life is incredibly good....at the same time, I'm not really inclined to USE it anymore, so ...

Right ... There is my long ramble about cell phones!

Kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
            X