Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Phone Rage Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At&t was our first provider. We had dropped calls all over town. Maybe it has changed.

Im feeling very grouchy about this. Things seem overly complicated. We can't really return to verizon without getting past a significant psychological hurdle. We do have 14 days to try t-mobile and get out of contract if necessary
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Is there reliable wifi within the hospital?

I have no coverage in my office, either (I'm in a basement in a small town), but we have wifi, and my phone just automatically connects to it and it has a little built-in thing that automatically switches to sending calls and texts over the wifi. Would be worth checking.
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

On my phone (android 4.1.2), it's settings, then under "wireless and networking" there's a 'more...', and from there, there's a "wi-fi calling" - that needs to be on. Then whenever you connect to a wifi network, it switches to using that for calls and texts instead of T-mobile's network (my phone hardly ever uses t-mobile's network for calls unless I'm out or driving around, since I have wifi at home and work).
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

He used wifi calling in hospital but it wont work in the clinic.

Comment

ugh, no t-mobile coverage AND no wifi? Time to catch the clinic up to this century!
            Sandy

Comment

That's insane! Catching up on this thread and feeling very happy that DHs new job just gives them a work phone. What a hassle!!
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

He was able to do wifi calling and txting in the hospital. Don't know why the clinic is a fail. He is pretty disappointed and upset. I'm glad the switchover was his idea. It would stink if I had pushed this issue! Lol.

Comment

What a cluster!! I have the cheapest phone ever and now I'm scared to upgrade.
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                  X