Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ios 7 Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't stand the new iOS.
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I am also waiting to update. I think it's funny that the more I work in tech the less eager I am to be an "early adopter" - for software at least.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I remember when the big iOS update that came around the same time the iPhone 4 was released (I guess it was 6?) there were glitches with the map features, etc. and people were pissed. But they released updates and fixes within a couple weeks and everything was fine. I figure if there are things that are wrong with it, they'll provide an update soon enough. And I haven't encountered anything wrong yet but maybe I got lucky? I updated ASAP because I was looking forward to something different to look at.
        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I'm updated. I think its kind of fun, no issues for me so far.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I would like it except for the major glitches I had this morning.

Love that you can access alarms, flashlight, calculator and different settings without opening phone though...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
              I would like it except for the major glitches I had this morning.

Love that you can access alarms, flashlight, calculator and different settings without opening phone though...
              I like that too - the control panel is great. What glitches did you have?
              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                I remember when the big iOS update that came around the same time the iPhone 4 was released (I guess it was 6?) there were glitches with the map features, etc. and people were pissed. But they released updates and fixes within a couple weeks and everything was fine.
                Haha I never realized they fixed Maps! I quit using it as soon as Google made an app. Apple Maps was a disaster when it was released!

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                Ok, so I figured it out. I don't have enough storage. You need to have 2.6 mgs free which is a LOT on an 8 MG iPhone. Even if I deleted every picture (which I won't do), I still have to delete like all my apps. Stupid tiny iPhone 4. Is there a workaround for this? I really don't want to delete like 20 apps only to re-download them.
                You can free up a lot of memory by deleting old text messages. I send a lot of pictures of the kids to DH and to our parents, and it takes up a bunch of my memory.
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                  I like that too - the control panel is great. What glitches did you have?
                  Mainly freezing issues...when I went into the phone function to check a voicemail/make a call, it froze in that app (I could exit out of it and close it out but every time I went back in it did the same thing). Seems to have resolved itself after I turned it off and on twice though. I also find it to be a little slower than the old iOS too...

Comment

I miss the old one.

Comment

I actually like this new iOS. It's far less glitchy for me than previous updates.

Comment

DD, it takes me a while to get used to change. I'm a creature of habit...and the map tried to fuck me up this morning.

Comment

Working...
                        X