Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's REALLY playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's REALLY playing?

You know you have them... those songs you CAN'T stop listening to... those songs you listen to when your in the car, in the shower, EVERYWHERE. You know the ones - you belt them out and feel like a rockstar! What are they?! Inquiring minds want to know!!

As of late I cannot stop playing the following songs OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

"We Can't Stop" - Miley Cyrus
    "Day 'N Night" - Kid Cudi
    "400 Lux" - Lorde (or pretty much ANYTHING by her... I adore her music)
    "Radio" - Lana Del Rey
    "Cobrastyle" - Robyn
    "Dark Horse" - Katy Perry
    "Gorilla" - Bruno Mars
    "Burn" - Ellie Goulding
    "Drunk in Love" - Beyonce

Legit, I am seriously considering making a playlist of just these songs since all I pretty much do is fast forward until I find one of them anyway.
    wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

For a while there, it was anything Mumford and Sons. Over and over (and other related songs via Pandora) until I realized that Pandora plays explicit language. And, I'm listening with my 4-year-old DD, while the guy is singing, "I really f*cked it up this time". Oops, parenting fail.

Now? Disney Pandora station. For reals. I pretty much have the Tangled and Frozen soundtracks memorized. I've been trying for a long time to get my DD into music, and this has been the first time that she asks to listen to music. So, I'll take what I can get!
    Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I'm a huge fan of happy, upbeat, disco type music.

The three songs that fit this bill that I've played excessively lately is I Pharrell "Happy", Stevie Wonder "I was made to love her", and Avicci "Wake me up".
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Love Lana Del Ray!

I listen to Pandora mostly at work. I play their Royals/Lorde radio station. Most of the songs DrBandMe listed come through that station. I also listen The Cure and Depeche Mode Stations. Old school, baby.

My most favorite song right now is Eyes on Fire. It brings out all my giddy Twilight feelings. I'm still torn between Edward and Jake.

One thing I am NOT listening too is commercials! I paid Pandora the annual fee to avoid commercials. Worth every penny.
        Last edited by Ladybug; 01-28-2014, 01:22 PM.
        -Ladybug

Comment

I finally broke and paid the fee before Christmas. The Lowes commercials were getting out of hand.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

We are all Frozen all the time. Even when I'm just with dd1 she wants it on, lol. She can sing little parts here and there as only a 17 month old can
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Oingo Boingo for the past couple of days and Ladybug, I'm with you on The Cure and Depeche Mode. My guilty pleasure is Britney Spears' old stuff and I'll lower the volume because it's shameful

Comment

My guilty pleasure is Eminem. Berzerk, Rap God, So Far, and Love Game are the current ones I really squawk along with. I didn't think the kids paid attention when it was in the background until I heard 8 yo DD sing "Say fuck it, before you kick the bucket..." Allrighty then. Now they only hear Disney Pandora, their Frozen CD, and Abba.

Comment

It just occurred to me that the old school heavy metal hair bands of the 80s that were the scourge of America's youth are now more along the lines of "easy listening"

Comment

I bought some new albums a bit ago, and the ones I've been playing the most are Passenger's All the Little Lights, the second Head and the Heart album (though I like their first better...), and a group called Count this Penny who are a really good local folk band.

Comment

Lots of Katy Perry and John Mayer lately, and my old faithful go-tos are Aerosmith and Def Leppard. Bonnie Raitt, Blake Shelton, and Brad Paisley get a fair amount of play, too, and I can't forget about Pentatonix because I am pretty much obsessed with them lately.
                      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Fun.
                        Miley
                        Old crow medicine show
                        Dave Matthews
                        Jason Mraz
                        Eminen
                        Mumford and Sons
                        Bush
                        Lorde
                        Katy Perry
                        Linkin Park
                        Justin Timberlake
                        Beatles
                        P!nk
                        Lumineers
                        Imagine Dragons
                        Last edited by rainbabies; 01-28-2014, 07:52 PM.
                        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3 View Post
                          ... and I can't forget about Pentatonix because I am pretty much obsessed with them lately.
                          They. are. AMAZING. I saw them in concert not long ago and they are beyond mindblowing.

Whenever I do the dishes I listen to the Michael Jackson pandora station. It's the only thing that makes that chore bearable.

My defaults in the car currently are Twenty One Pilots, Macklemore, Manchester Orchestra, Lorde, RATM, Sleeper Agent, and Eminem.
                          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I use the Fun station for my workout music. I love Mumford and sons, but I'll have to try out the Lorde station bc I love her style. A more complex beat--- it's interesting to listen to.

I'm pretty much identical to Ladybug actually.

The twilight soundtracks are awesome (for reals) and so is the hunger games but my dd has yet to "share" it with me. I find a lot of new artists to obsess over from soundtracks that I like.
                            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                              We are all Frozen all the time. Even when I'm just with dd1 she wants it on, lol. She can sing little parts here and there as only a 17 month old can
                              Same here!
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                              X