Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's REALLY playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since November, I've been playing Tedeschi Trucks Band's new album "Made Up Mind". "Do I Look Worried" is such a badass song. Susan Tedeschi is the girl crush of my dreams with that voice. Her cover of "Angel from Montgomery" is absolutely gorgeous. I am a serious old school rock and roll fan, so I don't listen to much mainstream stuff, but a few things will catch my attention once in a while. "Let Her Go" by Traveler has been stuck in my head - probably thanks to the Budweiser commercial.

I've been in a cold weather funk so my music of late has been more melancholy so I've also been playing "Cold Boy Smile" by the Black Crowes, "Flower" by Amos Lee, "...If You See California" by Chris Robinson and the New Earth Mud, all of the Beatles (I am a die hard Beatles fan. Paul McCartney can do no wrong, I don't care what anyone says). "If Not For You" by George Harrison has gotten some air time lately, it just kills me. I love it. "Turning Tables" by Adele really fits my glum mood lately, if I'm in the right state of mind I'll full on sob when I hear it - and I don't have any romantic strife in my life right now. Maybe I just like to be dramatic ...same goes for "I and Love and You" by the Avett Brothers. And when I go through tons of sad songs I've been enjoying ending with "Beautiful" by Carole King to lift me up.

"Excuses" by Minus the Bear

I also love Motown and funk, so my iPod is always shuffling around Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, Toots & the Maytals, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, Smokey, The Temptations, Sam Cooke, Stevie, The Isley Brothers, and the Bee Gees, etc., etc.

When the weather warms up I'll completely change my tune to upbeat stuff that will have me bopping around the house.

See, I really like to keep my music old school for the most part. My parents are so proud

Oh, also "To Live and Die in LA". 2pac forever.
    Last edited by WolfpackWife; 01-31-2014, 09:23 AM. Reason: Chris Robinson, the musician. Not Christ Robinson, the little known younger brother of Jesus.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

WPW, sounds like we have very similar tastes. I had Curtis Mayfield's Superfly soundtrack on regularly a while back. Carole King is excellent and "Beautiful" is probably her best song. I also agree about Paul McCartney. He's definitely my favorite pop/rock musician.

Comment

Semi-related:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith...llagher-quotes

I knew I loved him.
        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bobk View Post
          WPW, sounds like we have very similar tastes. I had Curtis Mayfield's Superfly soundtrack on regularly a while back. Carole King is excellent and "Beautiful" is probably her best song. I also agree about Paul McCartney. He's definitely my favorite pop/rock musician.
          I goes without saying that "Tapestry" is magic. My parents were huge, huge music people and we were constantly listening to all of "the classics" which really formed both me and my brother's music tastes. And my mom seriously lives and dies for Paul McCartney so it's indoctrinated in me that he is the most wonderful person ever. When Linda died, my dad joked with my mom "I'll understand if you need to go to him"

ETA: Last year, DH said he "loves Paul, but thinks he really fucked up with 'Wonderful Christmastime'" and it did not go over well. You just can't say that to me.
          Last edited by WolfpackWife; 01-31-2014, 09:35 AM.

sigpic

Comment

McCartney is excellent because he has a great ear for melody and is so eclectic. He's been willing to try all sorts of musical styles and usually succeeds. I even like his really obscure stuff such as Thrillington and the Fireman albums.

Comment

McCartney is excellent because he has a great ear for melody and is so eclectic. He's been willing to try all sorts of musical styles and usually succeeds. I even like his really obscure stuff such as Thrillington and the Fireman albums.
              "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window" and "Martha My Dear" are two of my all time faves for this very reason (though I know those were co-written).

sigpic

Comment

Thirteen, that's one of the greats! WPW and BobK, I too love The Beatles although I do prefer John to Paul. But if I had my druthers, it would always be the two of them together.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                  I've been listening to Wicked and the Book of Mormon soundtracks all morning.
                  Love the BoM soundtrack. Alexia knows all the words. LOL
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                    ETA: Last year, DH said he "loves Paul, but thinks he really fucked up with 'Wonderful Christmastime'" and it did not go over well. You just can't say that to me.
                    Sorry, I'm not a fan of "Wonderful Christmastime" either. It's not terrible but very average for McCartney. It doesn't help that it get horrendously overplayed on Pandora and in department stores over the holidays.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not a fan of "Wonderful Christmastime" either. It's not terrible but very average for McCartney. It doesn't help that it get horrendously overplayed on Pandora and in department stores over the holidays.
                      So funny! I love that song! I liked it before it was overplayed. Anyway, another big Beatles/Paul McCartney fan. He performed one of the best concerts I've been to, if not the best.
                      Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I am just enjoying Drunk in Love" - Beyonce . It is great track. Enjoy!
                        battery powered wheelchair

Comment

Today - Happy! Happy! Happy!

PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

New Order and George Michael driving to appointments the last couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                            X