Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The gratitude thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gratitude thread

As a way of keeping up with the discussion of gratitude, I thought I'd dedicate a thread to reminding ourselves of all that is good in our lives. Update the thread as many times as you want.

Today, I am grateful because:

My husband and I are at such a positive place in our relationship with each other. Life feels comfortable and safe, and I'm happy.
    I'm grateful because all of the kids are doing well.
    I'm grateful that I was able to get my hard drive with all of my pictures on it for the last 7 years to open after it seemed like it had died. Phew!
    I am grateful that I have Andrew's car to drive to the Cities with to save on mileage on my van that is on its last legs.
    I'm grateful for the money we have put away in savings towards taxes. Some is better than none.
    I'm grateful to have finally started at the VA even though now I feel a lot of self-doubt. Starting new jobs is hard for me ... but I've done it!

add your own gratitudes as often as you want/need to

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'm passionate about my work
    Friends and family who love and care about me
    My boyfriend
    The ability to go out and do crazy things sometimes
    Not having to worry about my next meal or where I'm going to sleep at night
    Knowing that I'm making a difference in my own small way
    Girl Scout cookie season

Comment

I'm grateful that we're in a city looking at "the job" and I ventured out on my own today and really like this place! And it's only a 2 hour drive from home.

I'm grateful that my father met his granddaughter (he wanted a granddaughter so bad!) albeit for only three months. He still met her.

I'm grateful that I will be looking at homes bigger than our 1,100 sq foot resident house tomorrow!! Mama needs a damn room to herself (even if it's a bathroom! I'll take it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am grateful for:

1. Dipshit - yes, really. I am grateful because if it weren't for his stupidity, I would have never learned exactly how strong I really am or that I AM capable of doing essentially on my own.
        2. My family - they have held on through some really crappy times for me (see item #1)
        3. My friends - I finally feel like I have a solid surface to stand on. I have a handful of people outside of family who I could call in the middle of a shitstorm and they would help me. One of those lives 2 doors away and I KNOW I can count on them if I have something like a middle of the night run to the ER with the kids. I've talked to her about it.
        4. My job - but really, they fall under #3 as well.

While times are really hard and I feel stretched really thin a lot of times, I really am in a good place over all. I own my house, I can feed my family, and we all have some sort of health coverage. I don't know that I can ask for a lot more right now. I'd really like to have extras, but it will come someday.
        Kris

Comment

Today I interviewed for a promotion and was told that my boss's boss considers me a go-to person and someone she wants involved in her efforts - even if I don't get this promotion. It may not be my dream career but I'm so grateful to have a good career at all, especially one of meaning that hasn't had to take a backseat during DH's training. It has given us comfort and stability during this process.

I'm eternally grateful for DH, who commuted home last night just to feed our cats while I was gone. He's my optimistic, cheerful, hard-working, never complaining rock.

This week/month/year I'm feeling grateful for the opportunities we have gotten from the training journey, which has taught us we can handle a lot and be happy in almost any situation.

And I'm grateful to have aspirations and goals and an idea of what I want to do with my life.
          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I'm grateful that Lambie slept more than 4 hours last night.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

grateful

I am grateful Christ died for me
              I am grateful for a roof over my head that doesn't leak, has heat and air and running water
              I am grateful for healthy children
              I am grateful for reliable transportation
              I am grateful for having the nicest inlaws in the world who raised the nicest man in the world. I'm grateful that my mil considers me a daughter.
              I'm grateful my oldest is doing very well in college

Comment

I'm grateful that I am upright, healthy, and employed!
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm grateful for my two healthy smart funny kids.

I'm grateful for my funny and a little old fashioned husband. He still thinks the idea of growing old together is romantic, even though we are splat dab in the middle of midlife.

I'm grateful for my friendly neighborhood. It took me a long time to integrate, but that's partly because roots here run very deep. That's not always a bad thing.

I'm grateful for my yoga studio. It's really my church. The people there have no idea how much they've helped me work through in the last several years.

I'm grateful for my pets. Unconditional love. There's not enough of it out there.
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'm grateful this weekend went well.
                    Grateful for loving relatives.
                    Grateful for the fires in our wood stoves.
                    Thank you for cancelled appointments so I can get more done

Comment

I'm grateful for my new mechanic!
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm thankful for a decent night's sleep. ( Didn't wake up until 3. YEAH)
                        I'm thankful for cuddling with hubby after his alarm goes off.
                        I'm thankful for the 20 hugs my 19yo gave me this weekend when he was home. ( I think the funeral bothered him and made him think about losing me.. But boy, every time I turned around he was hugging me and telling me he loved me.)

Comment

Gratitudes: we have a late start today, not a complete ice day. Our 4 yo is improving his listening. We have learned to live well on less so that I can do more things that I enjoy instead of working all the time...actually, I am super grateful for that -- that we have enough and that I am doing things I love. And that DH is supporting me in doing those I love things in the way that I need (which is different from how he needs and wants support). So, a heart full of good things today.

Comment

I'm thankful for all those friends who have been helping me since my husband are living apart. Tonight my neighbors are watching my younger two so I could take DD12 to choir practice. They sound awesome.
                            Needs

Comment

i also got tons of free boxes so I can start decluttering.
                              Needs

Comment

Working...
                              X