Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Random question of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I would do something more creative, an art major. My dream job would be working on the creative team at Martha Stewart. I do love working at a school too though. I would love to be an art teacher. I could also be happy designing fabrics and running a studio.

I'm one of those kids that got lost in a big state university. I thrive in small settings and in personal relationships. There's a bucket full of small NE colleges where I could blossom.

DH said he would be a firefighter.
    -Ladybug

Comment

Random question of the day

Id stay at OU and would not have changed my majors (MIS and History). Served me well so far. Although like LadyMoreta I think I would have liked graphic design as well

Now if we are talking dream majors, OU and meteorology would be it. Assuming I could hack the math. The did start up a minor, but I was too late for it. Would have liked to do that

Or history at an Ivy
      Last edited by SoonerTexan; 04-02-2014, 03:41 PM.
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I loved the college I attended and would go again.

My answer about the Great Books program was more reflecting on the choices I made as a college freshman and given "what I know now" about where my life has led, what I do back then instead. As a teen, I picked practical and career driven choices over artsy/fartsy intellectual pursuits because I'd never be able to get a job with those! Despite serious prep and labor early on, I didn't end up down that career path at all. My career was detoured by the triple whammies of cuts to research funding, the birth of my children and my husband's career requiring three moves all when I should be on a tenure track in one position in a single city.

Now, I have work that I self-trained for online. It's not a big money maker, but I don't need the income since DH's career has taken care of that. If I'd foreseen all this, I could have studied to be a novelist or to interpret documents in ancient languages without worrying about supporting myself. That would be far more exotic and interesting - but also not money makers!
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

In college I discovered I really loved design. It didn't matter in what exactly. It could be furniture, interiors, art, clothing, computer graphic, ect. Just working with the elements of design and applying it to various mediums was exciting to me. I would love to explore that further. I also wish I'd followed my dreams and attended college in LA.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I went back two years ago to study Fine Art and English. I absolutely love both and always wanted to do something along those lines but was kind of pushed into business admin after high school. I'm still having a hard time narrowing down exactly what I want to do but I love painting and writing. I'm taking a break right now but hoping to go back in our new location.
            I have no school preferences since I know so little about any of them.
            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

I wouldn't have changed my major but I wish I had taken more dance classes.

Comment

Hmmm. I feel pretty lucky because I got to study what I felt passionate about. I had a double major in psych/German. I later did a post-bacc in biology and finished a master's in molecular biology. Now I've come full circle and am getting a master's in counseling psych. LOL. Perpetual student. If I could go to any school which would I choose? I was really enthralled by the college of William and Mary but they rejected me. I'd go there (because this is a fantasy).

For now, I'll settle for where I am. I'm at St. Mary's University and I really, truly love the school. It's small and right on the edge of Minneapolis. I love driving there, I love being there ... the people are awesome. I'm really happy there even if it isnt the Harvard of the midwest.

Kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I wouldn't change anything!
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I wouldn't have changed undergrad, but I would have studied something different in grad school. I would love to be a school psychologist or a neuropsychologist
                    Needs

Comment

Working...
                    X