Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dinner time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner time

Hubby is at a dinner with the other residents tonight - dinner supposedly started at 8pm, but he texted and said they just ordered, at 9:45! We normally eat dinner around 5-6pm, occasionally as late as 7 depending on what's going on. If hubby is working late and I'm taking care of E by myself, I will occasionally wait until around 7:30-8, after she's asleep. What time do you all eat?
    Last edited by alotofyarn; 05-03-2014, 09:00 PM.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

6:30 here usually. On busy days as late as 8:30.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

6-6:30 here with or without DH.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Anywhere between 7:00 and Midnight!!! Not even kidding. Of course this doesn't include kids (ours are all grown).
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

7-7:30 but with activities on some days during normal dinner hours, I either feed the teens after school at 4 pm and skip dinner later or we eat at 9 pm.

Angie
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Around 5:30-6:00 most nights.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

7:30 -8:30 I'd like it to be earlier but it's pretty much impossible when I work and actually cook. Leftover nights are earlier
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Between 5:30 and 6:30. I aim for 6, whether dh is home or not.
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

7-9:30 depending on how busy the day is. If I eat too early, I get hungry again and it'll be hobbit time with second dinner.

Comment

6:00, whether DH is home or not.
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Between 5:00 and 8:00. Whenever we can get our shit together. It varies based on grocery status, whether I've had school/appointments/work, my level of laziness, activities (swim, bowling), Chad, etc. I really prefer to have dinner between 5:30 and 6:00. It doesn't happen much.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Between 5:30 and 6. The girls start to get ready for bed at 6:30.
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Used to be 8-9pm before kids. Now 5:30-6pm. If they don't eat by 6:30, I have a riot on my hands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Whenever I feel like, regardless of when he gets home.
                            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                              Whenever I feel like, regardless of when he gets home.

Yeah.. pretty much. If I know he is going to be home at a reasonable hour, I will wait, but otherwise, I don't let myself get HANGRY. Also, if I eat too late, I have bad dreams all night long.

When I was a kid, dinner was pretty much promptly at 6pm, and when we were home, lunch was at noon. I thought this was the way all families did things. I also thought you only had milk with breakfast and pb sandwhiches. Its funny the things that are regular in your home, you grow up thinking thats just how it is.
                              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X