Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Hairstyle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of in the "don't color until you have to" school of thought. I like it blonde but also dark. I like it chin length or a tad longer.

Angie
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I went natural from the time that we were TTC until after I had H. I liked it, but I also like the blonde. I think either in a pixie would look great & always be "done".
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I don't think I'm ready for short hair yet, and hubby seemed concerned when I suggested I might cut it all off.

I let it dry naturally this morning with no product (I did dry my bangs quickly) and took some pictures before putting it up. It's the middle picture that I think looks so rough, with the layers flipping out weird:
        140514-090341.jpg140514-090334.jpg140514-090320.jpg
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

That's what my hair looks like if I don't dry/style it too...I like longer hair myself (but yours looks good shorter too). When I'm too lazy. French braid it is...which might look better for your bangs since it's a little softer in how it pulls back your hair around your face...

Comment

Have you tried some "beachy wave" type products? It's really not that bad. I wish I didn't look like Einstein when my hair air dried
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Nope, I've used mousse or gel when drying, and occasionally some serum if I let it dry, although those make it a bit greasy. Any recommendations?
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Nope Hopefully someone can chime in, though
                Jen

Comment

I chickened out and just cut a couple of inches off. It still goes in a ponytail, but it should be easier to style than a little bit longer. She also gave me some tips for letting it try naturally, so I may try that out too. And I got a lot of lowlights in it, so it's closer to the natural color. It's hard to tell because the light is terrible, and my webcam isn't spectacular, but here it is. Also, please ignore the giant zits on my face.

140517-201135.jpg

Comment

I like it! And I like the darker color (plus it'll last longer this way -- win/win)!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

What tips did she give you for helping it dry naturally?

Comment

She suggested I put a small bit of mousse in it and then scrunch it as it dries. It's super straight, so it won't have any curl still, but it might have a tiny bit of a wave. She said the shorter length will help too, because when it hits my shoulders at the longer length, it has nothing to do but flip out.

Comment

You've inspired me. I've accepted I will never have Kate Middleton hair and am going for a long bob
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Yay, ST! Can't wait to see it!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                              You've inspired me. I've accepted I will never have Kate Middleton hair and am going for a long bob
                              I refuse to accept this!!! I just need an everyday stylist...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
                                I refuse to accept this!!! I just need an everyday stylist...
                                Me too. If I could I go to drybar every day, I would totally have hair like hers. Instead, I have a frizzy bun.

Comment

Working...
                                X