Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Your Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently some musician in the 80s was named my name and my mom liked it. I haven't bothered to look it up.

I actually like my name. I think my parents did a pretty good job with all of us except my sister Courtney. She doesn't like it and doesn't think it fits her. Honestly I agree.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

My name was the cool thing to do. My parents are horrible conformists. My brother was named after a saint (Thomas, maiden name is Moore).
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

My parents were deeply committed to going against the grain tin the early 70s and named all of us really just-off-the-Mayflower type names.

I really, really wanted to be a Jennifer or an Amy when I was in elementary school. All the cool girls were a Jennifer or an Amy. No cool girls had a name from a major character in "The Crucible."

Comment

My mom picked my name out of her brothers yearbook
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

My parents were both school teachers, and had to come up with names that neither of them associated with students they didn't want to be reminded of. I was told at one point that Chamonix was in the running.
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
              I was told at one point that Chamonix was in the running.
              Oh man. Real missed opportunity there!
              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                My parents were both school teachers, and had to come up with names that neither of them associated with students they didn't want to be reminded of. I was told at one point that Chamonix was in the running.
                ::snicker:: I can TOTES see you as a Chamonix...

Comment

Mine (Laura, but I go by Laurie) also came from a baby name book. Boring story, but I like it.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
                    ::snicker:: I can TOTES see you as a Chamonix...
                    I know, right? I sometimes wonder just how different my life would be if that was my name.
                    Sandy
                    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

My parents were those assholes who let the older sibling name the baby. Sis wanted either Jesus Christ or Barbie Doll. Thankfully, they took her to see "Peter Pan" shortly before I was born.

My sister wouldn't budge on Jesus Christ if I'd been a boy, though. My mom couldn't convince her that "Jesus Christ Anderson" would get said like "Jesus Christ, Anderson!"

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                        My parents were those assholes who let the older sibling name the baby. Sis wanted either Jesus Christ or Barbie Doll. Thankfully, they took her to see "Peter Pan" shortly before I was born.

My sister wouldn't budge on Jesus Christ if I'd been a boy, though. My mom couldn't convince her that "Jesus Christ Anderson" would get said like "Jesus Christ, Anderson!"
                        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post

I want to be in your family.

There's a story to my name but I don't remember it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

My grandmother absolutely insisted that I should be named Eunice. Thankfully, my mother refused. Eunice would not have been invited to the prom.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                              I want to be in your family.
                              I like you too much to wish my family upon you. They make me stabby. Pretty sure my mom will devolve back into hysterical crying when we move for the next job.

Comment

Working...
                              X