Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

You all are wonderful :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!

We are in east TN.....
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Hi and welcome!
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome! Sorry to hear about the job--that really sucks!

Comment

So I've made the drive from NC to the Midwest a number of times which has always taken me smack dab through WV. During the day the drive is awe inspiring, at night it's TREACHEROUS!! Are you living in Charleston? We spent a night there, ate at a pretty good restaurant but honestly the thing I'll never forget was checking into my hotel...a Courtyard Marriott maybe? It was late when we checked in and for some reason the front clerk wanted to make sure there was no one in our room. Gosh we must have been exhausted (or drunk) to stay there after hearing she wanted to confirm there was no one IN OUR ROOM before we went in. So she calls the security guard and no joke, his name was Bone Crusher. Bone Crusher! We followed this brute of a man upstairs while he scoured our room to make sure no one was hiding out in there. ???? OK so I thought it was awesome and hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
            So I've made the drive from NC to the Midwest a number of times which has always taken me smack dab through WV. During the day the drive is awe inspiring, at night it's TREACHEROUS!! Are you living in Charleston? We spent a night there, ate at a pretty good restaurant but honestly the thing I'll never forget was checking into my hotel...a Courtyard Marriott maybe? It was late when we checked in and for some reason the front clerk wanted to make sure there was no one in our room. Gosh we must have been exhausted (or drunk) to stay there after hearing she wanted to confirm there was no one IN OUR ROOM before we went in. So she calls the security guard and no joke, his name was Bone Crusher. Bone Crusher! We followed this brute of a man upstairs while he scoured our room to make sure no one was hiding out in there. ???? OK so I thought it was awesome and hilarious.
            Lol! That is an awesome story! If I didn't live in WV and heard that story, I'd chalk it up to it being a skeezy hotel (even if it was the marriott) and question your sanity for not staying elsewhere. Now having lived here, I think, "Yep, that's nice of them to think about checking your room." We're actually in Morgantown, which thankfully is closer to real civilization (I.e. Almost in PA, OH, or Maryland depending on which direction you drive), but the teaching hospital gets a lot of patients from the interior from the state, which gets really backwoods really fast I hear. It's unfortunately a state that is plagued by significant poverty, an overall uneducated population, and bad drug problems (mostly prescription so I hear). The state's redeeming factor is the beautiful scenery! We haven't yet journeyed to Charleston, but at some point we'll go check it out, just for the experience and stories like that!
            PA and wife of a PGY2 in neurosurgery. And "cat-mom" to the two sweetest cats anyone could hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by KateAshley View Post
              Lol! That is an awesome story! If I didn't live in WV and heard that story, I'd chalk it up to it being a skeezy hotel (even if it was the marriott) and question your sanity for not staying elsewhere. Now having lived here, I think, "Yep, that's nice of them to think about checking your room." We're actually in Morgantown, which thankfully is closer to real civilization (I.e. Almost in PA, OH, or Maryland depending on which direction you drive), but the teaching hospital gets a lot of patients from the interior from the state, which gets really backwoods really fast I hear. It's unfortunately a state that is plagued by significant poverty, an overall uneducated population, and bad drug problems (mostly prescription so I hear). The state's redeeming factor is the beautiful scenery! We haven't yet journeyed to Charleston, but at some point we'll go check it out, just for the experience and stories like that!
              Ah, so you're on the Northeast side of the state and not the "southern" side. Haha. Yes it gets VERY rural, so much so it's scary. But I always love that section of the highway after we've gone through Charleston. It's so beautiful.

So where are you guys from originally? And I take it he's probably only in his first or second year of residency? What are you gonna do about the job front? What is it you do? Glad you're starting to hang out on the site! I'm on it...all together way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                Ah, so you're on the Northeast side of the state and not the "southern" side. Haha. Yes it gets VERY rural, so much so it's scary. But I always love that section of the highway after we've gone through Charleston. It's so beautiful.

So where are you guys from originally? And I take it he's probably only in his first or second year of residency? What are you gonna do about the job front? What is it you do? Glad you're starting to hang out on the site! I'm on it...all together way too much.
                We're from Colorado originally, St. Louis for med school. We were both hoping desperately to end up back in CO for residency, so we were super disappointed that we ended up even farther from family than before. But being in such a competitive specialty, we're just happy he matched at all. At least that's what we keep telling ourselves...

My job front is looking up a little bit, had an interview yesterday and another one scheduled later this month. Only problem is that they're both in specialties that I don't know I'd be happy in. I'm a PA, so there is so much variability job to job between speciality of the practice, hospital or office, public or private, etc. Kind of a double-edged sword bc there are so many factors to take into account when deciding my next career move. But, in the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy my "time off", which is also giving my a lot my time to spend on the internet
                PA and wife of a PGY2 in neurosurgery. And "cat-mom" to the two sweetest cats anyone could hope for.

Comment

Welcome!! Dh is pgy4 rads at St. Louis U! This group is amazing, I /he would not have survived this long without it!!
                  Brandi
                  Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X