Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

If you had gone into medicine,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, I want to be a hospital administrator at the tippy top. That's the gig.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
      Yep, or that.
      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Cannot even fathom it. I hate blood, guts, and needles.
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
          Yup
          Kris

Comment

trauma surgery.

Comment

Veterinary.

Trauma if human.
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I want none of it!
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I used to want to do forensic pathology. I thought it would be the fun parts of surgery without having to deal with the hours or people.
                  Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

If I had decided to go the med school route, I think pediatric endocrinology would be really interesting. However, in my PA career, I seem to have fallen into surgery positions, which is fine with me. I just love science, medicine, and caring for people.
                    PA and wife of a PGY2 in neurosurgery. And "cat-mom" to the two sweetest cats anyone could hope for.

Comment

Endocrine!!!! I'm perfectly happy in primary care, but really love the diabetes patients. I have to do a lot of pulmonary because DH is Pulmonary / IM and half the practice is pulmonary, but I HATE pulmonary!!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                        Endocrine!!!! I'm perfectly happy in primary care, but really love the diabetes patients. I have to do a lot of pulmonary because DH is Pulmonary / IM and half the practice is pulmonary, but I HATE pulmonary!!!
                        You're speaking my language! Love diabetes patients and adjusting insulin, but anything pulm besides the basic PNA/COPD is beyond me.
                        PA and wife of a PGY2 in neurosurgery. And "cat-mom" to the two sweetest cats anyone could hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3 View Post
                          Cannot even fathom it. I hate blood, guts, and needles.
                          This!
                          Needs

Comment

Surgery of some sort. Even knowing the hours and suckage, I would pick it.
                            Brandi
                            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Derm, even if it didn't have great lifestyle benefits. I love rashes, skin issues, etc. otherwise peds. I actually really loved working with "difficult" parents as a health educator because, at the end of the day, nearly everyone wants what's best for their kids, they just may have no clue at how to achieve that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              -Deb
                              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Emergency, I think. I can't imagine another area interesting me enough. However, there isn't enough money to make me become a doctor. I'll keep my RN and go home at the end of the day, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X