Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

If you had gone into medicine,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathology. Give me a quiet dark room full of microscopes any day. I couldn't do surgery. I don't like to make split second decisions that can affect life and death. I'm more of a ponderer.

Angie
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Well, since I hate science, I think a career in medicine would be out. Plus the surgery films gross me out. I would hate being a hospital administrator as well.

Comment

Working in administration sucks! Some of those people work even more than residents!

I wanted to be an athletic trainer until I passed out when one described his job in high school health class.

If I wasn't so easily grossed out, I'd do cosmetic derm...I don't want to deal with actual sick people; I'd rather cut out non-cancerous moles and Botox the shit out of people.

Medicine is so not my calling.
        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
          I don't like to make split second decisions that can affect life and death. I'm more of a ponderer.
          This is absolutely me, too, and sounds better than what I was going to say. Which was, I would never go into medicine because I cannot handle the hours or the sleep deprivation.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I'm very interested in medicine, like hearing DH's stories etc but I don't think I could work in a hospital, ever. I just about have a panic attack setting foot in one. Too many sick people.
            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Radiology. Not even because I'm an introvert. I just think it's fascinating to look at films trying to help solve a puzzle.

Comment

Forensic pathology with loud speakers.
                -Ladybug

Comment

Family practioner

Comment

Large animal vet med.

Funny about the pediatrician comments. We have a friend here that's a ped. They have two young children and one on the way. The husband is the ped. Anyhow, he will ask me stuff all the time. It cracks me up. I tell him, you're the dawkter! You should know. Lol he says that's not true, he doesn't know much. Being such a small town, I know that he sees 3 of my gf's children. I tell him he owes me money when we all go out/get together. Because I save him calls and office visits. My gf's will actually say... "_____said to do this! And it worked."
                    Anyways...I'll pass on people medicine. I like animals more than people 😉
                    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Probably family med or peds. I like the idea of doing clinic every day (unlike my DH!), and even the idea of dealing with crazy parents oddly appeals to me, in the same way I used to like dealing with crazy customers when I worked in a coffee shop or with (a similar but different sort) of crazy parents when I was a college admissions counselor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

Working...
                      X