Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Could March 18th come ANY slower???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could March 18th come ANY slower???

I swear, I have never seen the time DRAG so much!! Is there anyone else out there in the "Match day Waiting Game??" How are you getting through these final 2 weeks?? For me, I decided that I wanted to have the house ready to sell in case we move, so my project today was refinishing the tub to make it shiny and new-looking. Unfortunately, that means the only tub/shower in our house will be closed until next Wednesday 8O . I gave the kids baths this morning to get them ready for the 'drought', and then as luck would have it, Sarah decided to strip in her crib during her 'nap' and by the time I found her, the deed had been done (the poopy deed, that is!). She was covered in it, as well as having it all over the sheet/blanket. All she wanted to do when I walked in was get picked up and snuggle 8O .
    Ahhh, the joys of motherhood!!

14 days and counting!!!

Jen B.

Consider yourself lucky - my hellish wait doesn't end until May. My hubby is a PGY4 and doing the Plastics match. This means I will have to move again, find a new job again, find new Doctors again, get a life again!!!

Good luck - hope you get your top choice!

Comment

my kids are totally into stripping completely (the twins-- not kate!) and it drives me absolutely nuts! mac didn't believe me when i complained about it until he watched them for like 4 hours and had to take a nap from the exhaustion of catching them, dressing them, etc.

i'm looking forward to march 19 b/c that is when mac's 1 week of spring break begins! not as dramatic as match, but still a good day!
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Peggy -
        There is some sort of sick satisfaction in having the hubby almost break down after taking full charge of the kids for a while . When dh asked what I wanted for my b-day, I told him the ONLY thing I wanted was a weekend COMPLETELY ALONE, in a hotel room, with my scrapbooking stuff... with HIM watching the kids SOLO. He looked at me like I was nuts and I had to explain to him, ONCE AGAIN that staying home with the kids was NOT EASY. He told me he would do it when he got a weekend free... that was in August .
        I don't know how you do it with twins PLUS more!! I feel like I am running just to keep up with my two!! Have fun with spring break! Do you have any fun plans? Take care!

Jen B.

Comment

that weekend of solitude sounds terrific!!!! hope you get it someday!

i have to say that things have gotten easier with the twins since they turned about 2.25. they are good kids, and get along well, so i'm thankful of that. kate, at 8 yrs old, is like a little mother herself, so usually i don't feel overwhelmed! i have my days, though... of course, naked or not, they must take a nap every day so i have at least 1 hour to myself! half the time they just strip and talk and giggle hysterically (like i don't know what they've done) but as long as they are contained, i'm satisfied!!!
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I can't believe it's finally here. We are trying to find a house and missed getting one this weekend and wonder if it was b/c we had to bid on contingency of him placing where we want to be. Hope to live in Winston-Salem, my husband will be doing psychiatry as his specialty.
            We aren't real thrilled with the small town we live in, and can't wait to
            move.uggh. Hate waiting. So many uncertainties right now, where we will live, where he will match, what job I'll find, etc. I just hate not knowing.
            Thursday seems so far away...

Comment

I'm offering my support here girls, I hope the next 3 days goes very quickly for you! SU is e-mailing everyone tomorrow and at least letting them know whether or not they matched, are your schools doing that?

Good luck - we can't wait to hear from everyone!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

WE MATCHED!!!
                We got the email at noon today letting us know that we matched. The catch is, we still won't know where until Thursday . But, just to know that he matched will take away all of the stress associated with it - now it can be more fun wondering where we will go, instead of wondering IF we will go! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it!!!

Good luck to you other "anxiously waiting" spouses!!!

Jen B.

Comment

We matched too! Now just waiting to see where as well. Hopefully, our first
                  choice...First choice matches to us all!

Comment

Yay, we matched too!!!!!!!!!!!! I am already counting the hours til Thursday. I vaguely grasp why they dont tell us til Thursday but I still think it is cruel.
                    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Why do they not tell us until then? I am so out of my mind with anticipation, I can hardly stand it!! Congrats to the matches!! That is awesome - I can't wait to hear where you will be heading!! I still have tons of work left on the house to have it ready to put on the market if we end up leaving the state.... at least that will keep my mind occupied for the next few days :P .

Jen B.

Comment

Congrats everyone! I can't wait to hear where you matched.

The wait is agonizing. I think that part of the delay is to give schools time to find positions for students who don't match....

Comment

Congratulations everyone....We watched the student doctor forums for people who matched and got so excited for everyone, (that will be us in a year! ) It has to be so exciting.....Can't wait to hear where you are all going!

Comment

Good luck to all of you who are waiting to hear... This is the most agonizing part, isn't it??! Just hearing your stories made me think back to when that was us and brought back all of the old feelings of excitement, anxiety, anticipation, relief, apprehension - I could go on! Good luck and I can't wait to hear where you've matched!
                            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Congratulations to all of you. I am anxiously awaiting to hear where all of you matched.
                              Luanne
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X