Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Obnoxious Starbucks Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Small coffee with cream."

I don't like crazy coffee, and I don't know coffee lingo well enough to try to create my own (or know what half of the drinks they serve are, honestly). lol

Comment

Originally posted by wiva View Post
      "Small coffee with cream."

I don't like crazy coffee, and I don't know coffee lingo well enough to try to create my own (or know what half of the drinks they serve are, honestly). lol
      You ordered a "small" from Starbucks. That alone makes is an obnoxious order.

Wait, no--that makes THEIR snide remark back obnoxious. Look, you can pretentiously insist on calling things "venti" and "grande" and so forth...but it is still a small, medium or large.

Comment

Our Starbucks is fine with small, medium and large.

Angie
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Nothing for me, thanks. Am I the only one who doesn't go to Starbucks? I'd rather have a milkshake! Mmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovelight View Post
            Nothing for me, thanks. Am I the only one who doesn't go to Starbucks? I'd rather have a milkshake! Mmmm
            They call those "frappuchino" Most of them have coffee in them, but some don't.
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I don't go there either. Dh did pick up a PSL last fall out of curiosity. Meh. The 7 yr old loved it though. My go to hot drink is hot cocoa with a huge mound of whipped cream.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                They call those "frappuchino" Most of them have coffee in them, but some don't.
                I'll occasionally get the strawberry one when DH forces me, but I could really take it or leave it. I would definitely never choose to pull over myself.

Comment

I refuse to order for dh:

Grande, extra caramel, extra vanilla syrup caramel macchiato.

I get a tall, extra hot, no whip cream mocha.

We rarely go anymore--too expensive!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by lovelight View Post
                    I'll occasionally get the strawberry one when DH forces me, but I could really take it or leave it. I would definitely never choose to pull over myself.

Have them blend in chocolate chips, so yummy
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                      I don't go there either. Dh did pick up a PSL last fall out of curiosity. Meh. The 7 yr old loved it though. My go to hot drink is hot cocoa with a huge mound of whipped cream.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                      Me too! Plus or minus the whipped cream, depending upon my mood. DH like Starbucks but I've only seen him order a coffee, no pumps, whips, halves, and all that other jazz. Pretty sure he puts in his own condiments?

Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                        You ordered a "small" from Starbucks. That alone makes is an obnoxious order.

Wait, no--that makes THEIR snide remark back obnoxious. Look, you can pretentiously insist on calling things "venti" and "grande" and so forth...but it is still a small, medium or large.
                        Oh, I know. I just refuse to order with their arbitrary size system because it's ridiculous and stupid.

Comment

Shockingly, despite my ardent proclaimed love of pumpkin spice lattes and holiday drinks...I actually don't go that often. I go a lot before Christmas but I went 2-3 times a month earlier this year. I use our credit card reward points to get gift cards and transfer the balance to my gold card so I'm not draining away our bank account on lattes. For me it is about the experience. And they sell it well. And I enjoy it.
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by wiva View Post
                            Oh, I know. I just refuse to order with their arbitrary size system because it's ridiculous and stupid.
                            Me tooooo!! For whatever reason that jargon is like nails on a chalkboard for me any more. I got in the habit at small independent coffee shops of ordering in ounces, so I make a point to order that way if I hit a Sbux too (about once a year.)

My coffee order, about once a quarter when I actually feel like I can tolerate more caffeine after my morning coffee, is something like, "I'd like a 12 ounce chai latte, please. Oh, hey, wouldja make it soy milk? Heck yeah, whipped cream!" When iMSNers get me all riled up about PSL I will occasionally drop in to the local place and ask for "Nonfat latte with some kind of seasonal flavor syrup stuff. What's good? You've got something pumpkiny or eggnoggish? And can you really make it as small as 8 ounces or is that just for kids' orders?"
                            Alison

Comment

There's only one Starbucks here, but 4 or 5 other coffee shops. I rarely hit Starbucks because 1.) it's not my favorite, 2.) they burn the shit out of their espresso, and 3.) it's not convenient. I do, however, grab a caramel macchiato once a week or so if I'm out and about running errands.

Each coffee joint makes their drinks differently, so I order differently depending on where I'm grabbing my caffeine fix. At one place, I ask them to only put 1 or 2 pumps of vanilla in the cup instead of their usual 7. (WTF?!) I'm not a fan of super sweet stuff, anyway, but ESPECIALLY my coffee. I don't have to ask this at the other shop near us. They make a caramel macchiato sans vanilla. I prefer that shop (better coffee and the baristas are more consistent with their espresso pulls), but they're so. fucking. slow. It should not take 15-20 minutes to make me a macchiato when I'm the only customer in the place.

Comment

My favorite coffee place in Seattle is Cafe Umbria in Pioneer Square. It's too difficult to get to, but oh so good. The best Seattle's got, I'd say... And we've got a lot of cafes here!
                                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                                X