Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fun Friday: What fun/cool thing happened to you today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH comes home today after being out of town all week. Yay!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

So, I think I got the job I've been interviewing for today. That is pretty cool

It's still in a little bit of limbo just because HR hasn't received or reviewed their applicant packages yet, but the department chose me and submitted me as their choice for the job. HR just has to approve their choice before they can give me a formal offer. From my understanding, it's not likely that HR wouldn't approve, but I still can't 100% say that I have the job. They did call just a few minutes ago because they said they would call on Friday and said "you're our choice, but HR still has to approve." They did talk start dates so I took that as a good sign.

I'm...happy, but also still sort of nervous. But mostly happy!! Actually...sort of in shock, TBH. I guess I can't totally say "I GOT A NEW JOB" yet.
      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
        So, I think I got the job I've been interviewing for today. That is pretty cool

It's still in a little bit of limbo just because HR hasn't received or reviewed their applicant packages yet, but the department chose me and submitted me as their choice for the job. HR just has to approve their choice before they can give me a formal offer. From my understanding, it's not likely that HR wouldn't approve, but I still can't 100% say that I have the job. They did call just a few minutes ago because they said they would call on Friday and said "you're our choice, but HR still has to approve." They did talk start dates so I took that as a good sign.

I'm...happy, but also still sort of nervous. But mostly happy!! Actually...sort of in shock, TBH. I guess I can't totally say "I GOT A NEW JOB" yet.
        Dude, go post this on your job thread! You can totally say it! That's freaking fantastic! Go you!!!!!
        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I was assigned more responsibility at my new job (~2 months) today And tonight a lady is having a couples party for the med school for all the spouses to meet. I've already met a few of the other couples but always great to meet more.
          Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

It rained!!!! And cooled down to the 60s! Beautiful!
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Toured the USS Midway with DH this morning. Ran down to the Gaslight District afterwards to grab cupcakes and now we're on our way back to the B&B to snack. And maybe "take a nap".

Comment

When will it cool off here?!?!!!

I'm late, but have mine to add. The new (to us) sofa we were supposed to pick up today, but didn't really think it would fit in DH's suv...the friend who currently owns it decided she wanted to keep it until they move so now they are bringing it to us in their moving truck Friday. Win-win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese. It actually went really well, and we all had a lot of fun!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We got a new sectional delivered for our basement. Also, yesterday was DH's bday and we were kidless, so we drove an hour to the state line to go to a steak house that is an institution around here....called the Beef House. It is old school central Indiana and I loved going there....reminds me of growing up and older relatives that are no longer with us. The hour drive through the countryside with DH was nice, too.
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                    X