Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

your thoughts & prayers, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your thoughts & prayers, please

I just got a call to admit Colton to the hospital for IV meds, fluids and a lumbar puncture. He has had fever off and on for about a week, Tuesday he had a chest x-ray showing pneumonia. He has been on antibiotics for a few days....nothing is breaking the fever. The recent bloodwork, drawn yesterday, shows a CRP value greater than 10. (I have no idea what that means but it is getting us put in the hospital, right now.)

Anyway, if you could keep us in your prayers & thoughts, I would appreciate it. Gretchen called from the hospital in tears...not so good when she has to work Hem/Onc all weekend.

Thanks

I'll be praying for you guys Matt!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

You have our prayers as well. Take care of yourself.

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Oh jeez! I'm sorry....we're keeping you in our thoughts.

PS: what is CRP?
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

So sorry Matt. I'm sure he will be better soon. I will add you to my prayers. My son had antibiotic resistant pneumonia that had made its way into his blood system by the time they caught it at 15 mos. They did the lumbar puncture, scans etc. It was traumatic for the whole family. He was horribly ill, high fevers and on IV antibiotics for 3 weeks in the hospital---but he got better and you couldn't even tell now. We got great care because of DH in residency. I know your child will be in good hands and get the very best care. Try to take it easy on yourself and your wife --you guys are under tremendous stress. God bless.
          Angie
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm sorry, Matt. I hope Colton gets better soon.

CRP stands for C-reactive protein and is a test that measures the concentraion of a protein in a serum that indicates acute inflammation. I can send you a link on it, if you'd like.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Gretchen.

Comment

Matt, I am so sorry to hear that. You guys have been through so much lately. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I hope little Colton gets well soon!!

Comment

Matt- Thinking about you and your family. Sending well wishes to Colton! Keep us updated on how you are all doing.

Jennifer
                  Needs

Comment

Matt,
                    You all will be in our thoughts and prayers over the next days. I hope that Colton is doing better soon. Poor little guy.
                    When you get a chance, please let us know how you are doing.
                    Hugs to you all.

Comment

Thinking of you and your family, good luck with everything.

Comment

Matt,

Your poor family! I am sorry to hear this news. Praying that it all works out soon.

Comment

Matt-

Do keep us posted, OK? Our thoughts are with you all-

Jenn

Comment

Hoping everything turns out okay for your precious little one and your family, good luck.

Comment

wow-- this must be such a huge nightmare for you all. i will certainly pray that colton comes through this well, and that your whole family has peace.
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                              X