Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

your thoughts & prayers, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Matt,

I am so sorry! I don't know how I missed this thread!! You are most definately in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe you'll be able to give us an update on how things are going? Hopefully little Colton rallied this weekend and you are home from the hospital and doing well!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Matt-

Is Colton any better? Do you have a diagnosis? Still praying (and worrying)

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I've been thinking about you guys over the weekend as well--know you're still in our thoughts and prayers!!!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

We are home!

We got home yesterday afternoon. It was no fun, poor guy was terribly dehydrated and had to be poked many times for his IV and blood draws. He had an LP at 2a on Sat morning, then had a CT yesterday morning.
          The problem seemed to be a combination of viruses(rotavirus, adidnovirus, ear infection). Our regular Pediatrician did some tests that pointed to the admission, then while at the hospital he tested positive for Rotavirus. He started snoring terribly two days before, and no one ever looked in his throat until Saturday evening, even after DW told the intern, the senior resident and the attending! The ID doc, finally looked and there were large pus pockets on his tonsils. He got an inline film that showed his tonsils were nearly touching and his adidnoid(?) glands were pushing on his palate causing him trouble breathing. That in turn caused him to stop eating bottles, couldn't swallow and breath and he would freak out. After the CT(they were worried about an abcess and the sedation, he napped for about two hours then woke and ate a 7oz bottle! The results of the CT were, of course, normal. So, we were discharged. He still sounds bad when he is eating but he is eating.

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Gosh, Matt, my kids have had all three of those, but never all at once. One at a time they are bad enough! Especially rotavirus. My oldest almost had to be hospitalized for that when he was little and I have never forgotten how pitifully sick he was.

I am glad you are home and that the CT was normal.....hopefully the ear infection will clear up quickly and he is over the worst of the viruses. I am glad he is eating! That's always a good sign.

Take care and thanks for the update!

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Oh my goodness Matt! That poor baby has been through the wringer (as has your whole family I'm sure!). I'm glad to hear that you guys are home and that Colton is doing a little better. We'll continue to pray that he continues on an upward trend and that you and your wife get some rest.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

matt- are they just treating him with antibiotics then? steven had his adenoids out a year ago (age 22 mos)-- will colton have to have anything like that?

anyway, i'm happy that you all are home right now and that he's eating again! i'll keep you all in my prayers!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Matt,

I'm sorry to hear about the latest...I'm so glad that it will turn out, however. Take care of you and the little guys.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Matt, did not sound like a fun ordeal. But I'm glad the worst is over and I hope you can get some nice peace, quiet, and sleep! Take care.

Comment

I'm glad you are home and am so sorry you have to go through this (all of you). You will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
                      Luane
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Matt-

SO glad to hear you are home and managing. ID docs are my favorite. When my son was hospitalized with his ordeal years ago I was in complete panic from everyone's "theorizing" about what horrible potentially fatal illness he had until the ID attending came to see him. Truly the voice of reason. And I know exactly what you mean about the IV trauma. It is so hard to have your baby be a pin cushion....I hope he is doing better at home and that he recovers fully soon. How are you and DW holding up?

Angie
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                        X