Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm so nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so nervous

Amanda is taking her driver's test right now. She wasn't able to practice yesterday. She is so nervous she is shaking. This is so important to her.
    She drove into the parking lot and needed 2 tries to get into the parking space at the DMV.
    Oh man. Sit with me!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I remember being so SUPER nervous. She can do this!! Report back immediately!!
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Aww go Amanda!! It really is nervewrecking, it seems like such a huge milestone. I bet she'll do great but in case she doesn't pass the first time it's completely not a big deal. I failed my first attempt, went back and took it the very next day and passed. I knew what to expect the second time and wasn't as nervous.
      Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I'm so nervous with her. I can't stand sitting here alone waiting. I need hand holding. Lol I want this for her. She deserves it. We didn't let her get her license as a teenager because of out of control behavior. Now she is a lovely young adult ... responsible ... she deserves to take this adult step.
        if she fails, she has to wait 2 months to retest.
        Last edited by PrincessFiona; 09-25-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
          if she fails, she has to wait 2 months to retest.
          Is that a family rule or will the DMV not let you retry immediately anymore?
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

It took me 2 tries to get mine, it will be okay if she has to retake it.
            Kris

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
              Is that a family rule or will the DMV not let you retry immediately anymore?
              DMV appointments are that difficult to get.

Comment

*crossing everything*
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

She passed!

Comment

Yay Amanda!
                    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Woohoo!!!

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                      DMV appointments are that difficult to get.
                      Crazy!

Comment

Yay!!
                        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Yay!
                          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Yay!!

I can't tell you how proud I am of Amanda. She has grown so much and is one seriously cool chick.

Comment

The check engine light went back on on the way back to the dmv during the test.
                              She tried the parallel parking 3 times and couldn't get in. The tester told her not to worry about it. "Parallel parking is hard"

Comment

Working...
                              X