Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

September 30th News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, DS11 had his third cross country race of the season and for the first time, he wasn't dead last.

He narrowly beat a teammate who is developmentally disabled.

The corollary, is that this kiddo has beat him twice.

My sister and I couldn't stop giggling through the race. There was about a 10 minute gap between my nephew (who finished in under 15 minutes) and C.

I sound like an asshole, but it cracks me up.
    Kris

Comment

I just finished this week's lecture for my course, and it's an intro to programming, which wasn't in the textbook, but it's something that I think all of our students need to know about. It's super basic, but I'm kind of excited about how the lecture came out - it's tough to be effective with it when I can't do examples and interact with them! I know I left some things out, but they have assigned reading that has some of the other details in it too. I hope they like it! And we'll see if they can actually complete their programming assignment...
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

DrK was late again tonight. But. .... when I told the K Bros it was time to turn off the tv and get ready for dinner, they did it immediately and helped each other wash up. Then they brought their plates and cups to the table, ate nicely, cleared the table, swept up after Lambie, and put their toys away. They were so pleasant and helpful. ....until DrK got home. Then all heck broke loose and we are still trying to get everyone asleep.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Happiness is kids who spend over an hour reading to each other from a Calvin & Hobbes book, entertaining each other right through bath (one read while the other bathed) and afterward.

Grumpiness is discovering, as I'm rushing around getting the kitchen cleaned from dinner and the kids bathed and tucked in, that the 14yo cat has crapped on the <3 mos old rug, and on DD's comforter, AND has pissed on the towel I left in the hallway after we came home from soccer practice. Grrrrr.
          Alison

Comment

Working...
          X