Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

October 13th News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
    My heart breaks every time I hear of a private plane crash owned by an MD. Statistics show that accidents are much more likely if they learned to fly after they became an MD. I don't think my DH knew this NSG but my heart goes out to his family. http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...le2701581.html
    That is so sad Do you have a source for those stats? I ask because DH's newest post-training pie-in-the-sky dream is to take flying lessons - most especially for a helicopter. I'm just....not that excited about it. I'd like to show him that.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I will ask DH, one of his former mentors told him that at some point during training and I remember DH being surprised there was actually a paper to back it up.

New vent for the day- enough rain to build an ark has now created (or found) another leak in our roof! In an area of the roof that was supposedly fixed last April!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I've heard that, too, so I just googled it and this is what I found:

"...Second, physician pilots crash at a higher rate per flight hour than other pilots. It is possible that physicians are more likely than other pilots to buy high-performance aircraft that require more time for mastery than their schedules may allow. In addition, physicians may take risks (eg, fly when fatigued or in bad weather) in order to meet the demands of a busy medical practice. From 1986 through 2005, a total of 816 physician and dentist pilots were involved in general aviation crashes; of them, 270 (33%) were fatally injured. Physician and dentist pilots accounted for 1.6% of all general aviation crashes and 3.0% of pilot fatalities (Carol Floyd, BS, National Transportation SafetyBoard, written communication, February 2, 2007)."

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
          ALOY, do you have an exersaucer? Putting ours in my bathroom saved me so much time and frustration getting ready.
          I do, but we converted it to the activity table. I have a jumper, but she mostly screams in that too.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I'm getting really tired of the overwrought hysterics surrounding Ebola. Yes, it's a dangerous virus. No, it's not spread through casual contact with asymptomatic people. Chill the fuck out, people.

Comment

^^ I still faithfully listen to a morning show broadcast from our hometown (I can't quit, I've listened since 5th grade!) and they were talking about it this morning too. Well not so much talking as fear mongering and perpetuating incorrect information. Then they manage to get the one ED nurse in the tri county area who obviously has no idea how Ebola works/is spread but they take her word as gospel bc she is a healthcare worker. I almost spontaneously combusted while putting on my mascara.
              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X