Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Central heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
    Lol, you gotta get through Halloween before things cool off a bit
    That always is the magical turning point. At least it's out of triple digits. That's what made early October so hard.

Comment

Central heat

I need to move. I hate the cold. I wish it was in the 80s!!!!well actually, it was 70 today - which was awesome and very abnormal.

Comment

I remember waiting eagerly for Halloween and regretfully for Mother's Day.

It's gotten a little chilly in the afternoons and evenings but I just try to bake something! Lows next week will hover in the 40s so I'm thinking it'll be furnace time by then.
        Alison

Comment

Some nights we need the heat - we just had the first frost last weekend. No hard freezes yet, but I suspect we might have one this weekend (highs only in the 40s). But then we will have days like tomorrow where it gets into the 70s. And the AC will probably cycle on and off throughout most of the day and will stay off overnight. But we are hopefully still another few weeks away from needing the heat constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Update: the Heat is On. We flipped over the thermostat to "heat" on about 10/30, and it actually kicked in one morning last week, but this morning it kicked in several times before 8am so I think this is official.

Lows are dropping into the 30s next week. *whimper* DH is talking again about moving to Hawaii.
            Alison

Comment

Brrrr!! We're in that weird limbo where I'll wake up (or the kids wake me up) freezing, so I turn on the heat, then during the day it gets up in the upper 70s, which make my house in the 80s, so I turn on the AC for an hour or so in the afternoon. (See the luxury thread - I pay dearly to keep comfortable...)
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Yep, even turned the heat on here! Turned it about a week or two ago, but had to flip back to A/C a few days this week when it hit 80 and didn't dip much below that at night. I've got the heat set to come on when the house hits 67 so it turns on intermittently from about 9pm to midday the following day, by which point the temp outside and the sun keeps it warm.
                Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

That big ass typhoon over the Bering Sea? Yeah, the remnants are supposed to his the upper Midwest on Monday, they are predicting shovelable snow.
                  Kris

Comment

Love my Nest with it's heat-cool option that allows me to set the range I want to house to stay.
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                      Love my Nest with it's heat-cool option that allows me to set the range I want to house to stay.
                      I don't have central air, so there's no cool option possible. I do have a programmable thermostat with 4 time ranges that all have different temperature settings.
                      Alison

Comment

Our heat is on. We have five different zones in our house for heat all plumbed separately. It's hot water heat/radiators. I would love to get a nest, but I think we would need five? As it is now, I hate having to adjust all five thermostats when anything changes. The heat system was clearly designed by empty nesters living in a too big space. We use most of it, so the zoning is an extravagance.

Angie
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Heat is on, if I'm cold - I turn it on.
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                          X