Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

November 11th News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 11th News

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
    A friend sent me a message asking what to get E for her birthday. I've only hung out with this girl a few times - she's a friend of a friend, and I like her, plus she has a daughter close to E's age, so I invited her to the party. The invitation says no gifts necessary, and I really meant it - we do not need more toys!! Are people actually going to follow this? I'm sure family members will ignore this and bring her gifts, and hubby and I picked up a few things for her, but I just think it's silly to expect people to buy things for my kid.
    We did a few "no gift" parties for my kids and some people still brought gifts.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
      Waiting for the doc to come in and place my IUD. The first time we tried a couple weeks ago my doc (FM) couldn't do it, so today I have an actual OB placing it. I hope this time isn't as painful as last time. I just want to get this over with!
      OMG, that's miserable! You poor thing.
      Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
      Gah, still no IUD! She said I could come back another day to try with ultrasound guidance, but I'm just over it at this point. I have a prescription for the mini pill, but I don't want that either. I think I think it's time to start buying some NFP books.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
        Tell her you really did mean the "no gifts", but if she REALLY wants to get something, a book would be great. "No more toys" is perfectly reasonable. At least she asked!
        This. And, yes, people will bring gifts. The parents of one of K1's classmates own a major national toy store. If anyone has enough toys, it's them. People still bring toys when their invitation clearly says don't. For them, I make a donation to a charity they support.

Comment

I desperately need to have a kid-free meal. One where no one is whining, grabbing food off my plate, pouring milk in his hair, putting straws up his nose, clawing at my breast, and I can eat while my food is still warm.

Comment

Working...
          X