Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Keeping up with the news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online newspapers.

Comment

I don't even try. I find its a much more peaceful existence without all that chatter. Dh reads the news from foreign sources mostly - Spanish newspaper, etc.
      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Mostly via NPR and CNN.com, I agree with ides, the news can be so negative and alarmist. We no longer have a TV and that's one benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NPR, Facebook (seriously, my friends are great at keeping me informed).
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Also, there's TheSkimm, daily email synopsis of the headlines. I'm not crazy about the snarky tone of the summaries but it's informative.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I love my Christian listener supported station, so I don't want to deal with music I don't like or annoying commercials. We don't have a TV near our bathroom or bedroom, so I can't so that in the morning. I've added some new outlets to my Facebook feed, and I think that's helping. I just feel dumb when my mom mentions big international news events and I have no idea what she's talking about.
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

NPR occasionally, but after awhile it drives me nuts.

I mostly skim CNN and the. Look at various Google News stories to get "the whole picture"
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

NPR stations are listener supported and commercial free, for what it's worth. The music varies a lot from station to station, but there's generally solid news from like 6-9 am and 4-7 pm.
                  Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I'll have to try NPR again. My dad listened to NPR a lot when we were in the car with him, and I always hated it. It was either classical music or really bizarre stuff.
                    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                      Also, there's TheSkimm, daily email synopsis of the headlines. I'm not crazy about the snarky tone of the summaries but it's informative.
                      I love the skimm!
                      sigpic
                      buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Working...
                      X