Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

A window with a view....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A window with a view....

...too bad there is no sound!

http://www.destinrealestate.com/cam.htm

Just think in about 6mths, this could be my backyard-along with hurricanes, jellyfish, and sand in places it shouldn't be!

....but no yard to mow!!!

Awesome!

Comment

Matt, that is AWESOME!!!! I have heard that Destin is very, very nice. It sure looks it!

So...when is the MSN party taking place at your new house?

Comment

Awesome, Matt....I miss the beach.

You forgot one animal though...

Palmetto Bugs....

If you don't know what they are, you will soon

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

should I be scared?!

Right now, the plans for a Medspouse getaway are for next Feb, when winter is never ending it seems....

Comment

Nice! 8)

Hope you have a spacious guestroom for that February retreat.

Comment

Palmetto Bugs....he he.....

I forget that they're a Floridian thing...

he he....

Here's an exerpt from a website about them:
              Odds on, if you live in South Florida, you have already encountered a Palmetto Bug or two. What are they? Simply stated, a Cockroach. But not your ordinary run of the mill cockroach. No, they are nothing like the cute little creepy crawlies you see in Orkin commercials.

For one thing, Palmetto Bugs tend to be a bit larger then your average roach. I'm not kidding when I say that I have seen them grow to three inches or more. You may think cockroaches are gross, but the experience is much more vivid when all the gory details are magnified. As if that wasn't enough, Palmetto Bugs can fly! Yes, fly. You have never been creeped out, until you see a three inch roach fly up and land on the table next to you. And it gets worse, Palmetto Bugs aren't afraid of the light. You're just as likely to encounter one during the day as at night. The last little detail to distinguish the Palmetto Bug from your average cockroach is that they are armored. Step on one and you're lucky if you get its attention. You don't even get the pleasure of squishing one.

Usually what you see are the long...long....long antennae sticking out of the crack and holes in your walls....
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Oh man, I will be having nightmares for a week. I think those bugs may be the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. We have those june bug beetle things here in Wisconsin and I am terrified of them. I cringe and take cover when I hear the clicking of their wings when they fly. Sticky little gross beetles. A giant flying invincible coackroach? 8O 8O 8O No way. No thank you!

Comment

Oh crap....

don't tell DW, she HATES all bugs....so much for her going outside while we are here.

Comment

View of beach: very nice
                    view of bug: not very nice
                    reserving room at Matt's next winter: free?

Just kidding. Good luck with your move. Lots of people in my town went to Destin for spring break this year.

Jennifer
                    Needs

Comment

don't tell DW, she HATES all bugs....so much for her going outside while we are here.
                      They're usually found inside the house.....I think I've only seen baby roaches outside....and only when I'm digging in the garden.

I love Florida...it's really too bad that Russ and I aren't anywhere near a beach....closest is 1.5 hrs away! The breeze off the ocean, or Gulf in your case Matt....it's beautiful...being able to head out to jog on the sand in the morning, or to pick shells...Ugh! I can't wait to get out of Gainesville!
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                      X