Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

PUBLIC -August Rant thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is kindergarten jump start. I was looking forward to taking the kids out for ice cream after but I just caught the K Bros stealing popsicles out of the freezer. The usual punishment for that is no dessert.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

No Raves allowed? I got home last night after a week of teacher training then visiting friends. Wow is it nice to be back. I always forget how clean we keep our apartment until I go stay somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
        No Raves allowed?
        I think there are separate public rant and rave threads August, but a combined private rant/rave thread. 😉

Comment

Day two of no AC in our office. Yesterday wasn't so bad because the AC had been on all weekend. Today? It's HOT.
          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ballibeg View Post
            Why when you need something you never see it for sale? I'm after 6 hula hoops to make Quiditch goals and suddenly Glasgow is devoid of them. On the upside young lassie assistant told me I didn't look like I needed to work out.

Must wipe smile from face.

Back to search.....
            Omg can I come to this party?! Sounds awesome.

I am avoiding work. I have passed the intersection of stress and productivity. Ef. word.

Comment

Dd6 has been in school less than a week. And I'm done with initialing every damn thing. The teacher has time to HIGHLITE where I didn't initial, but she tells my kid she needs a bigger binder and "tell your mom", and she assigns these math worksheets that I need to decipher bc there are no examples, no directions, and dd6 hasn't seen the problems before.

Over it. Right here. Done.

Usually I last a couple of weeks before I tell the kids to initial their own planners, but dd6 gets to start that earlier.

In another related issue, dd14 doesn't know how to spell my name correctly (LOL) so she's going through her class lists and syllabi that I need to sign, and she's helpfully signing everything for me, but she's misspelled my name so I'm going through correcting all her errors lol.

(My legal name is Margaret but she insists on Margret).

LOVE back to school.
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'm sick of giving my poor puppy meds 6x/day. Also sick of having to keep her kenneled. One week down, another month or so to go. *sigh*
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

My refrigerator sucks! The computer that controls temperature fried and I had it replaced a few months ago. Well it's going out again. So disappointed. If it's not covered by warranty I'll have to get a new fridge. This one is only 2.5 years old and was supposedly a great one. UGH.
                  Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Aw [MENTION=1768]scrub-jay[/MENTION] that would be rough. I remember it being difficult to keep a pup subdued/kenneled just after they were fixed. I can't imagine having to do it for a month. Poor pup and poor you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                      I'm sick of giving my poor puppy meds 6x/day. Also sick of having to keep her kenneled. One week down, another month or so to go. *sigh*
                      I'm so sorry. Can you take her out in a Sherpa carrier for socialization? Can you teach her some little mostly-stationary tricks to keep her mind busy?
                      Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                        I'm so sorry. Can you take her out in a Sherpa carrier for socialization? Can you teach her some little mostly-stationary tricks to keep her mind busy?
                        We asked, the vet would prefer not right now because of drop risk while the pins are still in. The break was right on the growth plate, so we've got everything crossed this repair allows it to keep growing. The pins will come out on the 18th, then we can start 5-10 min leash walks 5 days later. We are all eagerly looking forward to that. The vet has prescribed children, literally, she wants us to encourage the kids to just hang out by the kennel, talking to her, petting her, reading to her, even arguing! So we put the kennel in our reading nook area of the living room so she can see everyone and is already in the kids' favorite hangout spot. When she starts looking super bored/sad, we take her out for belly rubs and cuddles. Fortunately, she's a super snuggly dog and soaks it all up. The border collie/Jack Russell mix we met (in the waiting room) with the same injury was having a much harder time because he just wanted to play.

Comment

[MENTION=1768]scrub-jay[/MENTION] this just breaks my heart for your poor pup and your family! I can't imagine how awful it is for that little girl to just have to watch her new family and not get to actually be with them! That's when I wish we could just sit face to face with our dogs and explain exactly what's going on and why...and have them understand us! I hope the next few weeks go by quickly and she'll be out and about for cuddles and playtime!
                          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

DH has been doing all of his patient prep/research stuff on the floor beside her in the evenings. I think she knows she's loved, between all of us, she's never alone. Still, can't wait for her to be able to play!

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                              DH has been doing all of his patient prep/research stuff on the floor beside her in the evenings. I think she knows she's loved, between all of us, she's never alone. Still, can't wait for her to be able to play!
                              Oh I'm sure she knows she's loved - I didn't mean to suggest otherwise! I just always hate when I can't explain to Cooper why he can't do x or come with us to y or whatever. It breaks my heart!

sigpic

Comment

No no, I get it. I didn't think you implied that at all, just my own (human) worries, ya know? I totally get wanting to explain why she's got to rest, but honestly, most people I know wouldn't do as well with the restrictions.

Comment

Working...
                                X