Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thanksgiving Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
    I saw my mom pinned recipes for boozy Thanksgiving punch. Good call mom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes!!!! My parents will be here to "help" with the family and new baby (yes, those quotes are likely worthy of an entire thread of their own) but DH and I will cook the dinner either the day before or after Thanksgiving as he's on holiday call. Should be a good meal, DH and I love cooking together and we should have enough hands on deck to manage the clan.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

We will be here. Dh has it off and my dad/stepmom will be in town. We enjoy cooking together and I'm hoping that my parents will at least watch the kids for 1-2 hours so we can do that. Fingers crossed for nice weather so everyone can play! Dreading everyone inside if it's cold.

D's birthday is the next day as well so looking forward to that.

I'm sorry things are yucky Kris. Can you update us somewhere?
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Hosting at my house, since hubby is on call. 8 adults and 3 kids. We have a table for 6. Should be fun...

Sent from Tapatalk
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

DH has Thanksgiving off! Woohoo! He's PGY3, and this is his first holiday off since med school. Unless you count Labor Day... Other than that it's been me solo at parties repeating a thousand times why my husband isn't joining us...

As for what we are doing... our favorite couple is hosting. They live about 2 hours away. We see them all the time and they've become our chosen family. They're inviting some of their family and I'm inviting my parents. My bff and I will cook together - she'll make the turkey and I'll do the sides. She hates cooking but loves cleaning. She's also 5'11 while I'm 5'3, so not only does she clean up all the messes that I make while cooking, I never need a step stool. It's awesome!

Comment

ILs were supposed to come but now they're staying home. I think DH and I will volunteer at the RMH Family Room during the day, and then make some pizza with another T-giving orphan couple that night. Saturday we're doing a Friends-giving, so that will be really fun.

Comment

DH is on call the night before but off on Tday. We're hosting my parents and my sister and BIL. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

We are covering for two other Docs, DH is covering the inpatients and I'm covering the outpatients, so we will most likely be eating in the hospital cafeteria while attached to our cell phones!!!!
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We are going to Aspen. Ooh la la. With a 2-year-old. I'm looking forward to it, but I have low expectations. We're going to a spendy buffet for Thanksgiving dinner, so that had better be good.

If we feel especially brave, they have a mini ski program that DS is old enough for.
                  Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

[MENTION=1318]oceanchild[/MENTION] If you decide to do the mini ski program please report back on how it goes. We're debating taking DS1 up to Tahoe for lessons this winter, but he's been such a threenager lately I'm worried about how it will go.

Comment

C went at 3 years 1 week. She did ok. They do a lot of indoor stuff. There was a 30 min group lesson and a 30 min private lesson and that was it in 6 hours of away time. We kept it 100% positive and voluntary despite it being outrageously expensive.
                      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                        We are going to Aspen. Ooh la la. With a 2-year-old. I'm looking forward to it, but I have low expectations. We're going to a spendy buffet for Thanksgiving dinner, so that had better be good.

If we feel especially brave, they have a mini ski program that DS is old enough for.
                        Luuuurve Aspen. Even more now that our former neighbors moved there and we get to do what the locals do. Which restaurant? One of my favorite things to do is go to the Aspen Animal shelter - swankyest shelter I have ever seen. You can sign up to walk pups or play with the cats.

We are having friends over but have not decided on this year's theme...better get with it huh? We highly dislike turkey and most T-giving food so we choose a country (or region), teach ourselves how to make the food and have that as our special meal. DH is off Thursday but working Friday so I doubt we will be partying too much. Oh - and I think SIL (aka Ms Picky Eater) is coming from college...so that shall be fun.
                        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

[MENTION=1315]TulipsAndSunscreen[/MENTION] That's my thought/fear, that we'd be paying a lot for very little actual time on the mountain. I actually had this ridiculous vision that I'd be able to take DS to weekly lessons (1.5h drive each way) this winter, but that is just not happening.

Comment

Honestly, it's like glorified insanely expensive babysitting. But skiing with kids is also absurdly hard and my DD wasn't the most physically adventurous child at that age. I think she'd do better now but honestly it was a lot of bribery with snacks and being uber patient. We never would have done ski school unless we had financial help (my dad gave her lessons for Cmas).

Skiing is honestly so expensive it makes me sick. A one day lift ticket at Breck without a pass is $140. One day at ski school is $110. It's literally insane.

Comment

I've never been skiing and want to go so badly, but yeah with that $$ and little ones I think we will be waiting. Or going without the kids in a few year

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
                                Luuuurve Aspen. Even more now that our former neighbors moved there and we get to do what the locals do. Which restaurant? One of my favorite things to do is go to the Aspen Animal shelter - swankyest shelter I have ever seen. You can sign up to walk pups or play with the cats.
                                Neat. The buffet is at Prospect at the Hotel Jerome. It certainly *looks* good.

And yeah, if we did the mini school, it would be so we could hit the slopes for a day. Definitely mostly expensive babysitting.
                                Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Working...
                                X