Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Best gift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a pretty lame Christmas this year. We both kind of mailed it on but neither of us really care. We literally limped into Christmas this year and barely made it - both working too much with too much to do. Hopefully future years will be better.

I got what I wanted this holiday season: a cute Christmas card picture and to find out our baby's sex.

Dh is finally off call tomorrow (we didn't see him at all today) so I'm going shopping with my gift card and obviously to start buying baby boy clothing bc I'm ridic and can't help myself.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Love this little model and globe from my youngest. Saw lots of these cargo bikes in Copenhagen carrying shopping, kids, girlfriends etc! The globe is showing Japan because she's heard me repeatedly say I'd like to cycle the length of the islands.

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Catbus!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I got what I wanted this holiday season: a cute Christmas card picture and to find out our baby's sex.
          [MENTION=1315]TulipsAndSunscreen[/MENTION] Are you sharing this information or is this just for you? Hopefully the scan looked great regardless.
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm fairly anti-Christmas but I know enough to tell people about a few little things or I get 5,000 packages of hand lotion and crap. Which is ironic because I hate perfume and scented things. I got the New York Times crossword puzzle book, some nice candles, and similar items.

I really prefer experiences. Every other year my college friends and I go somewhere. We each try to pay $100 every three months to one friend and then we have a long weekend funded every other year. This year we're going on the Norwegian Sky for three days out of Miami in January. This is my Christmas gift.
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
              Here it is.

From Totoro right?!

There's a Studio Ghibli museum in Tokyo with one of these for kids to climb in. I just need to get my passport and I'm there...

Hmmmm.

Christmas was super hectic. We had no time to celebrate, being out of town for a swim meet etc etc.

We mostly do gifts to the kids. Do got me a nice Starbucks ceramic travel mug- I hate drinking coffee from plastic. It's nice but I strongly hinted for it!! I love the pattern he chose though!!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Yes! Totoro.

Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Hubby and I completely skipped Christmas this year. We each got one Xmas gift because my mom literally forced us to participate in secret Santa with the family (she paid for each gift and then I laughed cause she ended up paying for her own gift since I got her ) but I have to say receiving Xmas cards from you ladies! Every single one that I've received, my family has just been asking about them. 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Totally behind the 8 ball here. Best gift was tickets to see Adele at MSG in September. DH was very lucky - 4M people tried to get their hands on 120K tickets. Super stoked! Also got a genealogy DNA kit and a reversible purple tote bag. I enjoyed watching DD with her gifts. She loves her kitchen, plays with it the most out of anything else she got this month. 😊

Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

My little brother decorated this mug for me!
                      uploadfromtaptalk1451832973046.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      Grace

Comment

Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                        My little brother decorated this mug for me!
                        [ATTACH]3378[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        Kris

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
                          Totally behind the 8 ball here. Best gift was tickets to see Adele at MSG in September. DH was very lucky - 4M people tried to get their hands on 120K tickets. Super stoked! Also got a genealogy DNA kit and a reversible purple tote bag. I enjoyed watching DD with her gifts. She loves her kitchen, plays with it the most out of anything else she got this month. 😊

I am so jealous of Adele tickets! What DNA company are you using?

Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe View Post
                            I am so jealous of Adele tickets! What DNA company are you using?

I got the Nat Geo kit. It looks at maternal mitochondrial DNA. Haven't swabbed my cheek yet. Gotta stop putting food in my face and drinking water long enough to do it (and also NOT have a toddler clinging to my leg). Have you used any before?

Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

We got the ancestry dna kits (genomic not mitochondrial) from my dad. Haven't gotten out results yet but will post when I get them.

I expect European mutt but I could be surprised. We know DH's great grandmother was adopted from a Jewish orphanage that burned down (so no records but we assume she was Jewish - her adopted family raised her Christian). So maybe his is more interesting.
                              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I'm intrigued by ancestry kits. My mom's side is Welsh/English, but no idea about my birth father.

Comment

Working...
                                X