Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is Something Popular that Annoys You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=980]medpedspouse[/MENTION] haha I completely understand! I had to express mail my sister her pants she forgot here at Christmas (she's even taller than me). Bc when you only really have a couple pairs that are excellent, any shipping cost is worth it lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Grace

Comment

Oy! I haven't been here is SO long!

My List:
      - Starbucks inside of Target stores
      - Jeeps
      - the mustache trend (apparel/cups with a mustache instead of the words "must ask")
      - beards in pretty much all forms
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

[MENTION=912]samssugarmomma[/MENTION] hey there!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by samssugarmomma View Post

My List:
          - Starbucks inside of Target stores
          - Jeeps
          - the mustache trend (apparel/cups with a mustache instead of the words "must ask")
          - beards in pretty much all forms
          Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Trendy, misspelled baby names.

Today's offender: Emersyn
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              Trendy, misspelled baby names.

Today's offender: Emersyn
              Totally. I also don't like the gender flip flop of names right now. A woman I know named her daughter Lionel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

^^ Same here^^

One of my favourites...Awestyn

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Awestyn
                  Oh that is just gross.

Austin is country enough in itself (in a good way). That just kicks it into white trash territory

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                    Oh that is just gross.

Austin is country enough in itself (in a good way). That just kicks it into white trash territory
                    Baylee

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Braxton. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
                        Totally. I also don't like the gender flip flop of names right now. A woman I know named her daughter Lionel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        I always thought I'd use a gender neutral name or a traditionally male name if I had a girl. I figured it could afford them a "leg up" - so their potential employer could only look at the skills presented on a CV and not make assumptions based on the fact they were female.
                        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
                          I always thought I'd use a gender neutral name or a traditionally male name if I had a girl. I figured it could afford them a "leg up" - so their potential employer could only look at the skills presented on a CV and not make assumptions based on the fact they were female.
                          I gave my daughter the name Alexia, very feminine in its own right, but she can easily shorten to Alex if she needs to for any reason.
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

This isn't a made up name but DD has a "Beau" in her class...a girl. We live in the South people...that's a southern male name that actually means handsome in its French root. Ugh!

Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                              This isn't a made up name but DD has a "Beau" in her class...a girl. We live in the South people...that's a southern male name that actually means handsome in its French root. Ugh!

Beaux is a popular name around here.

I also have a friend with an Adynn (girl). And E's BFF is Gracen (girl).
                              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

The whole "boy name for a girl" doesn't really bother me too much. It's the weird spellings to try and feminize it. If you are going to do it, just own it! Weird spellings in general annoy me. It just comes off tacky to me. Like you appliquéd the name with rhinestones and chevron because it is trendy and cute, but oh boy it isn't going to "wear" well.

Comment

Working...
                                X