Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=5078]gcuthbe1[/MENTION] i rarely put my hair up that exposes it but it's my favorite way to do it. But fortunately I can. It just needs to be up all the time now unless I make sure to part it completely over while it's down and pin it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

[MENTION=4964]Howfunitis[/MENTION] I've been wearing my hair up a ton over summer, humidity does not help my hair! So I started trying to look up braids and other updo's more interesting than a bun! I'm still pretty bad at French braiding on myself but practice makes perfect!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Grace

Comment

A braid would definitely expose it. It's the first thing I did and it was waving high to the world lol
        I just need to clip the hair over or make sure I grab enough hair to cover over that area. I should Pinterest updos!

Comment

I hesitated posting this because I did not want to freak you out and this is most likely not what's going on with you but....around her mid 20's my older sister noticed some bald spots. Long story short she was diagnosed with alopecia areata and for a time she lost most of her hair. Eventually her hair came back although she still has bald spot here and there. I asked her what she uses to hide the spots because she had mentioned a spray and this is what she said.

"I use this on spots in the color "burnt brown". It stays until you wash it out, although if you scratch it or something it will show up on your hands. I wouldn't go swimming with it and expect it to stay, but really the bald spot is noticeable because it's a different color than your hair so this helps hide it. I get it at Sally Beauty Supply. Also, parting in a different place to sort of comb over works until the wind blows which is why I like this stuff."
          http://www.sallybeauty.com/streaks-n...efault,pd.html

She tried all kinds of things including the cortisone shots but the side effects were not worth it. I really hope that it turns out to be nothing and it grows back soon but I thought I'd pass on her advice for hiding the spot in the meantime if you don't want to wear it up sometime.
          Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Glad you got it checked out! I hope it's an easy fix!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=1521]civilspouse[/MENTION]

I took two mental health days and checked out. Just went through the motions to make sure my littles were fed and ok.

So, all my labs came back normal. Some high numbers but still within normal range. So thankful for that.
              I see a NP as my primary and she ended giving me the shot on my scalp. She says it looks like trauma to my hair and decided to run labs but like I said earlier, it all came back normal. She did caution me if it didn't work and I kept losing hair to keep an eye on another spot and my eyebrows. So hoping this is the only spot I get and cough it up to all the stress earlier this year and now I'm paying for it.

Thank you everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Howfunitis View Post
                Thank you [MENTION=1521]civilspouse[/MENTION]

I took two mental health days and checked out. Just went through the motions to make sure my littles were fed and ok.

So, all my labs came back normal. Some high numbers but still within normal range. So thankful for that.
                I see a NP as my primary and she ended giving me the shot on my scalp. She says it looks like trauma to my hair and decided to run labs but like I said earlier, it all came back normal. She did caution me if it didn't work and I kept losing hair to keep an eye on another spot and my eyebrows. So hoping this is the only spot I get and cough it up to all the stress earlier this year and now I'm paying for it.

Thank you everyone.

I wondered about the stress you have been experiencing. A few years ago, washing my hair became a traumatic experience. Multiple handfuls would come out. I have always had thick and a massive amount of hair. I had not only lost the volume but lost the curl too. It was the stress because it is now back to normal. Good for you for recognizing and following through the importance of taking those mental health days. I am hoping this is just temporary. ((HUGS))
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

My hair

I'm sorry you're dealing with some hair loss. I think stress is definitely a big factor. I try not to wear mine up every day because I know it's bad for your hair. I have an crap ton of curly hair, so there's not much I can do with it. My lifestyle doesn't support it being down or flat ironed lol
                  When I'm stressed my face breaks out into a form of rosacea. It's mortifying. I understand your emotional state. I hope you get some results with the treatment!!

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

This has happened to me before, front and center at my hairline where I parted my hair! It was about the size of a quarter. I had a lot of stressors in my life when it happened, and the doctor diagnosed it as alopecia areata. I was prescribed extra strength hydrocortisone cream. It grew back in and didn't happen elsewhere on my head. Good luck. I'm so sorry--I was very worried when it happened to me.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Spoke to soon on my labs. Apparently I have a high number indicating I have inflammation and my Thyroid came back high but not concerning high. That steroid shot though had me going through some mood swings. It was horrible! Other than that follow up coming up but in a week, my hair has managed to grow a little in my spot. Thanks everyone

Comment

Will they put you on meds for Thyroid? Are the two related?

Comment

According to hubby (I took it with a grain of salt) but it can be. It's not high enough for meds but something to keep an eye out for. My follow up is this week

Comment

Just going to see what the NP says.

Comment

Good, hoping like you said this was just from all the stress and all goes back to normal.

Comment

I think life has just caught up with me. Hoping for the best

Comment

Working...
                                X