Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of plans for us. G has diarrhea so we're staying put. He's a little more cuddly and sleepy than usual but otherwise happy and afebrile, so I'm wondering if it's due to teething. I think friends will bring us leftovers tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
      Yes! https://nomenu.com/turkey-and-sausage-gumbo/

I usually use Tony Chacheres Instant Roux instead of making my own with the flour and oil. Just mix it with cold water, and then in a separate bowl slowly mix the broth in to warm it up, then mix it into the whole pot to avoid clumping.

I also usually use frozen or fresh pre-chopped vegetables, because I'm lazy.

And I don't use file, and I usually just use smoked sausage because my kids are weird and don't like spicy.

I don't use peppercorns either, just pepper.
      Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My nephew threw up and C had a fever, but we had fun anyway! So much good food!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

For the last six years I have made Thanksgiving for the people at Mercy Hospital in Chicago.
          I think this was the most depressing Thanksgiving I have had.

Comment

Originally posted by Alacrity View Post
            For the last six years I have made Thanksgiving for the people at Mercy Hospital in Chicago.
            I think this was the most depressing Thanksgiving I have had.
            Can I ask what made it so? Place? People? Sorry to hear it was hard.

Dave
            Using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably because of the shooting. I'm so sorry, Alacrity.

Originally posted by ballibeg View Post
              Can I ask what made it so? Place? People? Sorry to hear it was hard.

Dave
              Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Sorry I wasn't aware. How insensitive of me. Apologies.
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ballibeg View Post
                  Sorry I wasn't aware. How insensitive of me. Apologies.
                  No Apologies needed. If you didnt know about the media circus that's good.

What is depressing right now is how every politician or special interest group is trying to benefit from it.

The politicians think they have solved it by putting medical detectors in the admitting entrance.
                  He started shooting people in the parking lot and walked into the ambulance entrance. Even if there was a metal detector in that entrance I'm sure he wouldn't go; "Oh the metal detector beeped, I should stop shooting people"

The gun people are trying to ban guns in the workplace.
                  He wasn't from the workplace and he had an illegal gun. The guards on the other hand had no guns and had to hide under the reception desk with 14 other people while the guy reloaded. That was a lot of time.
                  If they hadn't banned the guns from the security guards they 'could' have stopped him.
                  Plus with ER's running on a budget the cameras in the ER were fakes. So there was no intel when the cops got there. so the first two cops in were shot.

Then of course there were news cameras at the funeral service. Farking vultures.

/rant

Note: Mod, feel free to delete my posts if they are out of line for this forum. It feels good to rant somewhere.

Comment

I’m so sorry Alacrity, what a nightmare. 😢

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Thanksgiving

I’m so sorry. We lived down the street (we moved a few years ago) from the Synagogue shooting - and have so many friends in that great neighborhood. I’m still shaken, but the first three weeks after were hard. (I almost had a panic attack dropping my kids off a their beautiful preschool when I realized the Monday after the shooting that it had very few walls - which is why I initially loVed it. Great Mountain Views. Perfect temps for most of the school year. People suck. Gun control sucks. Mental health options really suck. All three of those sucking makes this sort of bs possible. It’s so sad. So so sad. Big hugs. I think thanksgiving will always sting a little, and that’s totally normal, but you’ll get through it. Please take any counseling options available. This a hard thing. I’ve been telling my friends the same thing from my old neighborhood all month. It’s ok to not feel ok about this. Very very normal to not feel ok. And we - as a society- really need to figure out a plan to stop this from happening so frequently. It’s insane.

Comment

Working...
                      X