Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Christmas music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

. . . and a half-hour later this song is now totally stuck in my head.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I have to find the Sting cd. I love BNL, have seen them several times in concert.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Ok...is it just me (and the humbug coming out ) or does Jessica Simpson's singing (or over-sining) nearly every song/Christmas song grate anyone elses nerves?? Dear God, can the woman just sing regularly? It seems that she has to take it to another level that drives me nuts....BAH ::

Comment

It's not just you, Matt... I can't watch her sing, she drives me insane too. She looks like she's having a spasm sometimes.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I totally agree.
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I can watch her for about 2 seconds before.... ::
              A few days ago I saw an ad for her Christmas CD and it doesn't matter what it sounds like, I couldn't listen to it and have that image in my head.
              :!

Comment

OK-

picture this, it's 7am in Perm, Russia and we're still bleary eyed from the trip but have a meeting at the Ministry of Education at 8:30. So, we stumble off to the hotel restuarant and they're playing music videos. and imagine our horror when we discover....that MTV in Russian is WORSE than MTV in English. MTV Russia makes the Simpson sisters look like Marie Curie and Indira Ghandi...

and I'm not kidding.

Jenn

and now, when we want to really annoy each other we sing the chorus to a particularly horrible song that for some reason had for overly made up women dressed in blue metallic witches costumes singing "clop-clop" and stomping their feet in time, all the while getting the gratuitous boob shots.

Comment

Nope, not just you. She has no talent as far as I am concerned.
                  Luanne
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

:santa:
                    I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Love this thread.....

I have to say that my favorite christmas song is 'O Holy Night'

kris
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kris-

Me, too! Particularly the Luciano Paverotti (sp) version with the Vienna Boys Choir. Unbelievable.

Jenn

Comment

Me too, Jenn!!! Funny choice for we two ethical humanists, huh?
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Well, my mom the Druid likes it too!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X