Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

internet addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet addiction

I have discovered that after going nearly 1 week without internet service, I am completely addicted to the net. I actually experienced withdrawl symptoms because I could not check email, surf, post, bank or shop!

Do I need to join an internet addiction group?

I spend at least 5 hours on the internet a week, but I wouldn't say I'm addicted...well, maybe I am to this site! :chat: Whenever we go on vacation, I never get the urge to be online or check email. It's actually a nice little break. It's amazing how much we've come to depend on the internet in the last 10 years, though. When I was working, if our DSL connection went down, our entire business would basically come to a halt until we got the line up and running again.

Comment

I am totally addicted! We just set up our ebay account and our paypal account and now it's even worse!
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I spend almost all day at work on the internet, but when I am at home (evenings or weekends) I rarely, if ever, get on. I have no desire to spend my "down-time" on it at home, but to waste time at work I absolutely NEED the internet! I would go crazy w/o it at work. =)

Comment

hmm...with only 4, (5 counting mine) replies and 21 votes I guess most of us are closet addicts I spend WAY too much time on the internet. If my day were smilies it would look like this...
          :z :chat: :chat: :clean: :chat: :floor: :chat: :clothes: :chat: :bath: :chat: :cook: :chat: :auto: :chat: :chat: :c :thud:

How pathetic am I...please dont' answer that!

Comment

Cracks me up that the max vote is >5. I spend waaaay more than 5 hours online. I buy everything online, talk to my family online, talk to my friends online...(clearly I am out in the sticks and not close to anyone I know!)

Comment

Originally posted by TracyLynn
              hmm...with only 4, (5 counting mine) replies and 21 votes I guess most of us are closet addicts I spend WAY too much time on the internet. If my day were smilies it would look like this...
              this was very cute!!!

Comment

Tracy,

I answered >5, but looking around, I would guess that the 'haven't cleaned since getting the internet' would be more appropriate.

Here is the irony. When Thomas suggested getting a computer that was internet capable when we moved to Fl for fellowship in 1999 I was AGAINST it! I told him he would just end up online all of the time and it would take away even more family time. HA! Little did I know that I would end up hooked!

One of my goals for the new year is to be online less because I think it has gotten in the way. I don't want my children to remember me as being home, but being attached to the computer. :chat: I've been backing away slowly and am working on unclutttering my house, writing and just getting organized.

kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

OK, I'm coming out of the closet. I did vote more than 5 and am embarassed that I probably spend double that online. My house is a pit right now and here I sit. :chat:
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by SueC
                    My house is a pit right now and here I sit. :chat:
                    Ahem, me too.

Comment

TracyLynn,

That's too funny!!

Comment

Love your post TracyLynn - that's me in the evenings!
                        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I have baby vomit on my shirt and in my hair...but I just 'had to check in' before running up for a shower. :chat:
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                            I have baby vomit on my shirt and in my hair...but I just 'had to check in' before running up for a shower. :chat:
                            Amazing how your standards change after having children.
                            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

THis cracks me up!!!

Tracy at least you are cleaning between visits to the computer!
                              I too, am sitting here instead of cleaning the ______(insert room/item here). Oh well, it will still be there later...

Comment

Working...
                              X