Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Would you think that this was stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kris, how did it go? What methods did you end up using?

Lori, what is your hubby's native language?

Comment

It went pretty good...it was a lot of fun. I started out with german introductions and then we spoke english about expectations, did the alphabet, some more english..a little more german....I toned down the 'kid' part of it as much as I could but they all said that they wouldn't mind that approach because they are so new at learning german.

They are really fun, nice people. I'm going to keep doing it....I'm still a little panicked about coming up with better curriculum ideas, but I think it will be a good learning experience for us all.

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Dagny

Lori, what is your hubby's native language?
        His native language is Turkish. We may be going to Turkey in May, so if I start soon and have some of the basics, our trip could be a good learning experience. I want our future kids to speak Turkish as well so I think I need to get the ball rolling and try to learn!

Comment

I'm glad it started off well, Kris! Sounds like it's going to be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ljnamaste
            His native language is Turkish. We may be going to Turkey in May, so if I start soon and have some of the basics, our trip could be a good learning experience. I want our future kids to speak Turkish as well so I think I need to get the ball rolling and try to learn!
            Lori, that is so cool!!! DH and I were in Turkey 2 years ago and we really, really want to go back. We didn't go to Istanbul but we were in Antalya and I forgot the other place. We got to see silk rugs being made...incredible!!!!!! We really want one, but are going to wait until the dogs are dead and the kids are older. Otherwise I wouldn't let anyone look at it, let alone walk on it.

I take it he still has family there? Wow that is so exciting. (can you tell I really loved it there? )

Comment

Wow, it's great to hear you had a nice trip. I hear that a lot, people seem to really love it there. There is so much to experience there, one trip is definately not enough!
              I want a rug too! Maybe you could get a makeshift invisible fence to surround your rug so that anyone who tries to step on it gets zapped! Hey, I think I just thought of a new invention!
              Part of his family lives in Istanbul and Izmir. Istanbul is pretty amazing but I hope to see more of the aegean and mediterranean coast on our next trip. DH gets an entire month off for vacation in May so we could see quite a lot while we are there. I really want to see Ephesus!!

Comment

Working...
              X