Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I should have married Michelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should have married Michelle

Lord, a child neurologist is totally useless to me...

So, in today's what's wrong with the dog story- it's Kennel Cough. Apparently a nasty outbreak of kennel cough has overtaken Captiol Hill. and since we boarded Petey at the kennel on the Hill, he's got the cough. So, now I'm stuck with a herding dog, inside, for 3 weeks.

Plus, according to the vet, there's also this nasty thing called canine influenza to be on the look-out for, as they have similar symptoms.

Michelle, leave Russ and marry me, please?

jenn

This, after Petey was just at the vet for his stupid allergies which required prednisone, an anti-histamine and some other drug AND I had to take Trouble in her her annual appointment and because she keeps running away from home, she had to get all of the outdoor kitty shots.

I can't believe you have a herding dog in D.C.! Is Petey not allowed to go out among the other pups for 3 weeks? Really?

Man, Bruce got worms and I was totally bummed (and grossed out). You're a trooper!

Comment

Ahhh....I'm sorry you have to deal with this! Influenza is pretty bad stuff and we really don't know all that much about it to diagnose it before it's spread everywhere. UF is at the forefront of everything with influenza but we still don't know much because they are still writing it up. It usually causes a hemmorrhagic pneumonia but not always...

hopefully this is all just a nasty case of kennel cough....and that it will resolve on it's own in a few days.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

So, you won't marry me?

I'm so sad now.

Jenn

Comment

I meant to tell you all this when it happened, about six weeks ago, but while we are on the subject of pets.....

Our dog is not often able to have the run of the house, because he chases the cats and commits other more serious crimes. Such as eating used tampons.....sorry, I know it's a gross image. Well, a while back, Archie had some rare moments of freedom, and did indeed find his favorite treat. I found one in the middle of the floor, and thought that was it, but the next day, he PUKED up another one, which was gross beyond words. I dealt with it and fantasized about boxing up the mess AND the dog and shipping both to my in-laws, who gave us the dog in the first place. Alas, the horror had not ended. I took the dog out and walked him all around the yard to do his business, but I didn't really watch what exactly he did. When I brought him back in, I smelled a horrible stench. As the dog turned around, I saw yet another tampon coming out of his butt, now coated in sh*t. But of course, it wasn't going to come out on its own. I was going to have to pull the string (can you believe it was exiting Archie in the prescribed manner?????) but I was afraid to do that without getting the go-ahead from a vet. So I called my FIL, the vet school dean, told him the situation, and asked if I could pull it out. He said I could, if I was up to it, and stayed on the line. I gagged twice, audibly, and he talked me through it. It was the grossest thing ever, and I really hope that my FIL was in an important meeting or something!!!!

So that is my gross pet story. I sincerely hope that nothing ever happens around here to top that, because that was pretty much my limit.

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

eeeeew

Comment

yuk. I would forever and ever FLUSH them. If you don't have septic you should be able to!!!!! I have never had a problem.

OK, knock on wood I may have jinxed myself.
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

OMG, SALLY! Yes, I hope that is the worst pet story ever!

Comment

OMG, that is absolutely horrific.

I guess the good thing is that ... you were able to pull it out by the string? ::
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I guess the good thing is that ... you were able to pull it out by the string?
                    Jane - you are truly a "glass half full" person!

Sally wins the prize for the most disgusting pet story. (Unless Jenn can top that one!)
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Nope...I can come in second place though- we had a cat that ate dental floss and we had to "floss the butt" to get it out. Not nearly as horrific as Sally's. Now I'm glad we coughed up the moola for the failed endoscopy for Petey's tampon eating exercise.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn,

I have to admit that I thought of you during that incident....whatever that means!

I become a more confirmed "cat person" every day.

Sally
                        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Ummm...WOW! and EWWWWWW!

kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

That may be one of the most disgusting things in general that I have ever heard. Definitely the most disgusting animal story. If I ever get a dog, I will make sure its not a tampon-eating variety.

Comment

Yup, definitely the grossest pet story I've ever heard. Poor Sally!

:! Jennifer
                              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                              With fingernails that shine like justice
                              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                              X